EXCURSION... Nachi Cocom

mycomputer

Going to Coz in August, does anybody know much about this place how far away from port, buses or taxis??. Checked on-line (not through Carnival) all inclusive beach break $55.00?? Can you tell me about the Great, Good, Ok, the Grrrrs?? Loved to hear.

Going to Coz in August, does anybody know much about this place how far away from port, buses or taxis??. Checked on-line (not through Carnival) all inclusive beach break $55.00?? Can you tell me about the Great, Good, Ok, the Grrrrs?? Loved to hear.

forgot to ask, book separate or with carnival....what have YOU done??

We have been there several times. It can not be booked through Carnival.

When you get off the ship, there will be cabs lined up waiting for you. It's about a 15 minute ride.

There will be cabs in the parking lot ready to take you back to the ship. No problem.

Here's some of my pics:

NachiCocum1.jpg

FriedTacos.jpg

ChickenBeefFajitas.jpg

Nachi is fantastic. Just go to the taxi area right at the port and tell then you want to go to Nachi. It is about a 15 minute ride I can't remember how much it cost but not a whole lot cause DH didn't gripe about it. When you get ready to leave just go to the Nachi desk and they will have the next cab in line pull up. Have a wonderful time.

Nachi is the best...all inclusive, drinks are plentiful and food is AWSOME...we always get fruit plate, cheese sticks, grilled fish plate, fajitas, and coconut ice cream. ASK FOR CARLOS to be your waiter. Make sure you book online and print out your receipt that will be your reservation..They are very nice group of people and very welcoming.. You can snorkel off the beach down past the massage area in about 6 to 8 foot around a set of rocks ( lots of fish).

You always want to PRE Book and pay your deposit through Nachi so you don't get locked out (100 person limit).

I agree 100% about asking for your waiter to be Carlos, but let me add that if you decide to get a massage, you want to request INGRID - She is the best!

We will be making our 3rd visit to Nachi this fall!

OK, go the ride part down, but should I "book/pay" ahead on-line or do you pay when you arrive that day if there's a 100ppl limit? Looks Soooooo awesome.

Definitely pay online.

You only pay a deposit online and the balance when you get there. Be sure to take the paperwork they send to you when you go.

Just got back from there on Friday.

It was amazing. At first we were a little skeptical and thought maybe we picked a place that was going to be TOO quiet. However, a few drinks later and we were having a blast. We paid $15 to rent snorkel equipment (you could easily bring you own) and enjoyed snorkeling. There are a few areas with small corrals and beautiful fish swimming around them. Then we spent some time in the pool and swim up bar.

The food was great. Our server was Manuel and he was excellent, always checking on us and super fast.

I highly suggest it, especially if you want a quiet place. But again, you can make it as fun and active as you want. There were far less than 100 people when we went, maybe closer to 50.

The cab ride was about 10-15 minutes and costs $17 total for the 4 of us. The prices are set, you will see them before you get in the cab. The time of the ride depends which pier you dock at, though. We docked at Playa something which was at the very end and closest to Nachi so our ride was shorter than from other piers.

Edited by BigB0882

It's the perfect day. Been there once and going back in April. Easy to get a taxi, 15ish minute ride. They collect the balance and take you to your chairs. Eat when you want. They had wifi, and I think it was like $5. Rent a floatie for a few dollars. When you are ready to go back to port they will call a taxi for you. It's a beautiful place to spend the day.

I had a great time there but be warned that if you book, pay the deposit, and then decide not to go you will get charged the entire amount. So technically you are committing to full price when you book but are only charged a small fee at the time of booking. My wife and i were just there a couple of months ago and the weather was crappy. We were just going to no show until i read the paperwork and called. Still had a great time but could not partake of the ocean at all due to the rough waters.

Mr Sanchez is the 1st beach you come to, then adjacent to it is Nachi, then comes Paradise Beach, etc.

I had grilled garlic shrimp last time there - camarones aioli - beauty is that it is not as crowded as the other beaches. Easy to get a palapa and lounger, there's enough to go around for the 100 people they limit it to.

DEFINITELY recommend! We were there in May of 2014 and loved it. The food, the drinks, the resort - all made for a marvelous day. The swimup bar in the hot tub was great fun and as this resort is the last one of a string of resorts the view is gorgeous. This will be our 'go to' place for Cozumel every time.

Nachi is awesome! Cab ride is $16 each way I believe. Takes 15-20 min to get there and when you're ready to leave you tell your server and they'll call the cab for you.

It's a nice relaxing atmosphere. If you're looking for a party try Mr. Sanchos next door.

I had a great time there but be warned that if you book, pay the deposit, and then decide not to go you will get charged the entire amount. So technically you are committing to full price when you book but are only charged a small fee at the time of booking. My wife and i were just there a couple of months ago and the weather was crappy. We were just going to no show until i read the paperwork and called. Still had a great time but could not partake of the ocean at all due to the rough waters.

The exception to this rule is if you ship doesn't dock at the port.

Their FAQ says:

What would happen if my ship does not come to Cozumel?

In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us).

4 of us were there this past April. It was the best day of the cruise. I booked it nearly a year in advance myself, after I found out 5 other ships were going to be in port. Great decision! Food was awesome, drinks were great and service was excellent! 15 minuet taxi ride was an adventure in itself. They even had taxi waiting for us when it was time to return to the ship. Been on better beaches, but wouldn't say it wasn't nice. I highly recommend Nachi!

We discovered this great place after visiting all the others, doing virtually all the excursions Carnival offers. With the Triumph close by and lots of Cozumel visits we were ready for a change.

The cab fares went up January 1, so as others have posted it's $17. The deposit is $10 per person and I just take cash for the balance. Twice in the past few cruises we switched itineraries and they modified our reservations; all we did was show up.

We've been twice in 2015, and both times my wife and I took a walk down to Mr. Sanchos. The chairs were stacked inches apart on the beachfront, music was blaring and people were everywhere. It was the Lido Deck moved to the beach.

Nachi offers a different environment, it's usually quiet, the palapas (sp) are assigned to you as a couple and we've had as many as 100 and few as 30 people there with us.

What's missing are the inflatable swim platforms and trampolines. Other than that I cannot see a thing missing here. We've taken banana boat rides, deep water snorkel excursions, jet ski and para-sail rides from there.

We really liked Passion Island, but the last visit we were there far too short for the cost. That's why Nachi is booked again twice for the rest of the year.

Edited by BallFour4

How much cash should I take for my family of 3? I don't want massages but I do want to snorkel. Do you have to pay for the beach chairs? Do I need to pay for anything else my 12 year old son might want to do? I don't want to take too much cash while I'm at the beach.

How much cash should I take for my family of 3? I don't want massages but I do want to snorkel. Do you have to pay for the beach chairs? Do I need to pay for anything else my 12 year old son might want to do? I don't want to take too much cash while I'm at the beach.

Beach chairs and basic swim toys are included. Might want to tip waiters so that could be 10 bucks per person.

Need cash for taxis both ways,

Beach chairs and basic swim toys are included.

The loungers and palapa umbrellas are included. Nachi Cocum has no swim toys for free.

I carry enough for the additional charge, or for us $90 and about $20 more for tips, cab fare (x2) plus shopping cash when we return to port.

Edited by BallFour4