Land and sea or just sea with 2 very small kiddos

ZachMary

Trying to debate between doing a Land and Sea package or just a cruise with maybe 1 day at Magic Kingdom.

We are in the beginning stages of booking a family vacation for next October, 2016.

I've started to get things priced and it looks like we are between 3 days at the park, staying onsite, with a 4 day cruise on the Dream afterwards. The other option is a 7 day cruise on the fantasy and then maybe a 1 day trip to the park.

Our kids are pretty small, they will be 2 & 5 at the time of this trip. They don't stay up late, need naps, and sometimes are not agreeable to everything. I like the idea of cruising because it's not a big deal to go back to our room if we need.

While Magic Kingdom will be a must do - I'm concerned the other parks are too old for them right now.

What are your thoughts? I just want them to have a wonderful time, this won't be our last trip to disney by any means - so I want to focus on what will be the best for their age group.

Thanks!

My thought is that while at WDW, mom is "on duty," making sure everyone gets to do something they want to do, has something they like to eat, etc. WDW is NOT a vacation for mom.

In contrast, while on the ship mom is on vacation too. The serving team will cater to your kids. Yes, with kids that little, mom still has stuff to do. But mom gets a huge break.

Put another way, we like the parks, we LOVE the ships.

I would stick to the cruise and save WDW for when your youngest is about 6...before that age, they simply don't get the "magic" of Disney. And, you really need more than a day. Do a land vacation for Disney!!!! You'll need at least a week to see most of WDW...I'm not exaggerating!

Edited by cb at sea

I would recommend a 7 day cruise. The MK is great but with kids as young as yours are you are going to need at least a week to enjoy the WDW resort. Animal Kingdom is good for their ages because of the many attractions that are kid friendly. For examole, Dinoland, Camp Mickey Minnie, Asia, The Kilimanjaro safari just to name a few. You could probably see and do everything in 1 day, but 2 would give you some wiggle room. The MK is of course THE highlight and to see everything and do everything will take at least 2 days...possibly 3 with.

naps and frequent pit stops. And of course lines. :) Fast passes are great but you only get 3 a day. Once you use up your three you can then get one at a time. It's a small world, the recently refurbished Peter Pan, Ariel, meeting the characters, fireworks and parades are all must do and see..even for the littlest one.

At sea the characters are right there and you can book times to get pictures and autographs...do this first thing. The lines are a lot shorter on the ship. Also, if you bring a pillowcase or like item and leave it at guest services all will autograph it. :) not as exciting perhaps...but easier.

Sorry to be so long winded...but a cruise would be lots of fun and more relaxing..ultimately...for you.

I would just cruise. The price of a short stay at WDW is prohibitive. I would make WDW a separate trip when you can stay for 5 days or so and build in plenty of rest. A short trip forces you to cram too much in. The price per day goes down the longer you stay.