Triumph vs Freedom

Jenniell

I've sailed both boats. Layouts are very similar. On the Lido deck, I like the double buffet lines that can be found on the Freedom. Above the aft buffet line(s) on Deck 10, you also have the choice of the Fish and Chips place on the Freedom. Plus you have the Steakhouse on Freedom.

On the bow area, you have the Serenity deck on the Freedom. That was very nice when you had a great breeze.

The one thing I was dispappointed with on the Freedom about a month ago was the lack of a variety of fresh fruit. Very little watermelon or pineapple or grapes were available. Perhaps it was between seasons, but I really expected more.

Overall, Freedom was great. Wanting to try Magic, and of course Valor when it hits Galveston.

Never sailed the Triumph, but LOVED the Freedom last December. Especially liked the 2.0 upgrades and Dr. Seuss Bookville. I wrote a detailed review with lots of photos if you're interested. Link is in my signature. Say hello to her for me and happy sailing! :D

I have been on both. Triumph was way back in 2004 and have been on Freedom both in 2010 and 2014. I really liked both. If decor matters (it does not much to me), but I thought Triumph was prettier than Freedom. I had a great cruise on Triumph in an inside cabin, no issues with anything anywhere. I did love the Freedom though, both trips for different reasons. On the Freedom I enjoyed the fish and chip place just above the aft buffet area. I also enjoyed it pre 2.0 and after. I did miss the tandoor grill which they made away with to make room for guy burgers and blue iguana, but I did like the guy's burger too, so it is a draw there for me. I also know that Conquest class ships are bigger than Triumph and Victory, but I did not notice any difference. What I love about both classes is deck three off both sides of the atrium. Quiet, close to the water, shaded mostly, and usually very uncrowded. I am still booked for my October cruise on Victory...though I may have to cancel. Anyway...the class of ship, Victory/Triumph vs Conquest class, very little difference in layout, but maybe just some food venues on board. Since it has been a while since Triumph for me, cant say much else, but I can recommend the Freedom. Love that ship:)

We are counting down until we leave in 24 days and this has made us much more excited. The Triumph is the only ship I've been on so it will be great to see something new. We laughed when we saw the CD schedule not realizing we almost had Jen again. We love her but again this time will be something new. Now to figure out what we are doing in Belize and Rotan. Cozumel is Mr. Sanchos!!!