Diamond Princess Mini Suite

Search does not appear to be working for me on cruise critic and hasn't for sometime, so apologies if this question has been asked before.

Just upgraded myself to a Mini Suite for our cruise on the Diamond to the South Pacific - very good deals on Mini Suites at the moment. Was able to choose my own cabin because I would not have upgraded to one of those uncovered verandah Mini Suites, so have one of the few covered ones on the Emerald Deck.

Has anyone stayed in one of these mini suites, are they too far out of the way of everything on the ship? We don't mind walking, etc but we have gone from a fairly central, high location to the bottom aft, hope I have done the right thing (not that I mind low down, they just seem a little 'tucked away').

Edited by Wastegirl

Hi

We were in a mini on emerald deck on diamond last Oct. We loved the extra room and location. We chose the emerald deck minis because our cruise was from Asia to Sydney, very hot, and loved the covered balcony. It was a very quite location with little through traffic. To mid ships it wasn't far, theatre and front of the boat a bit of hike. The real asset for us was the aft lift to skywalkers lounge, and the horizon buffet. Very handy. Happy sailing Denise.

I agree that you will love it. I was also in one on the Singapore to Sydney last year. Nice and close to the dining rooms, a few flights straight up to Japanese baths. And a great work out when walking to the spa. The balcony being covered was wonderful also.

Yep being able to get a covered balcony clinched it for me. About the only benefit I could think of for those large uncovered balconies is at night time looking up at the stars. All the other times you would have the sun beating down on you and the people from the upper decks gawking at you.

I hope people seeing the good deals on the mini suites on my cruise realise that most of them are uncovered, I'd hate to find that out the first time on boarding.