No Nickelodeon stuff on Escape

LrgPizza

I would say they cater to young adults just as much as kids, after all the sky now has permanently unlimited alcohol. One of my favorite Cruise stories is I was talking to a cabana boy on my first cruise and I said to him wow all the food one person could eat that's awesome how do you people make your money he looked at me and nodded towards the bar

That's called market segmentation. People who only want to party and drink heavily would ride in the Sky. They now have their "own" year-round ship. I don't believe most of the pax aboard a booze cruise care much about the ship, service or itinerary, much less about theming. They cruise in those to get ****faced, party and enjoy the beach.

People looking for more wholesome, family-oriented experiences will likely choose better ships, better itineraries and family-oriented programming.

That's called market segmentation. People who only want to party and drink heavily would ride in the Sky. They now have their "own" year-round ship. I don't believe most of the pax aboard a booze cruise care much about the ship, service or itinerary, much less about theming. They cruise in those to get ****faced, party and enjoy the beach.

People looking for more wholesome, family-oriented experiences will likely choose better ships, better itineraries and family-oriented programming.

I for one am booked on the escape and glad to have my unlimited alcohol package lol. Hope you have a great time on your cruise as well

Yes the entertainment is def more for adults, which is why I'd like something fun for the little ones. This will however be their first cruise so I know they'll have a blast :)

Hopefully you and your kids have a great time on your cruise. Don't forget if you can remember what happened then you didn't drink enough lol jk

I for one am booked on the escape and glad to have my unlimited alcohol package lol. Hope you have a great time on your cruise as well

I'm not sure what you're getting at. There's a different between someone who likes to drink while cruising and someone who cruises for the sole reason of drinking.

I like to remember my cruise so I drink a little. I have fun with or without alcohol and I wouldn't be a very good mom if I was too drunk to take care of my kids.

I can understand that, if i had kids I'd probably be the same way. Then again if I had kids I'd probably be like my neighbor and have someone babysit them while I'm on the cruise.

Anyone else creeped out just a little bit that a thread about Nickelodeon / what may replace it has been totally hijacked by a single male cruiser bragging about how he goes on cruises to get blackout drunk?

I am looking forward to see what family friendly entertainment tie in NCL has in store for kids.

Edited by LMaxwell

Anyone else creeped out just a little bit that a thread about Nickelodeon / what may replace it has been totally hijacked by a single male cruiser bragging about how he goes on cruises to get blackout drunk?

I am looking forward to see what family friendly entertainment tie in NCL has in store for kids.

A little.

Jealous! I feel like that would have been perfect for NCL. We're on 1/10/16 so literally the 1st Getway cruise post- Nickelodeon. I'm hoping they have already transitioned to something great. As an adult, I get it- it's not a *huge* deal but to 3 small kids who already have seen (and expect to see again) the Nick characters on the getaway it's going to be crushing.

And add me to the count of not having WWE either. I think it is inappropriate for kids. And yes, I know John Cena is a Make A Wish star and good role model as a person, I just don't think it is proper entertainment for little kids. It's definitely more for teens and young adults. I don't see any way to tie WWE into cruising.

And add me to the count of not having WWE either. I think it is inappropriate for kids. And yes, I know John Cena is a Make A Wish star and good role model as a person, I just don't think it is proper entertainment for little kids. It's definitely more for teens and young adults. I don't see any way to tie WWE into cruising.

It would probably be one of the worst decisions in NCL's history, to be honest. Violence, confrontation, trash talking, 'roids. Sorta the opposite of what 99.99999% people consider a wholesome, family-friendly environment.

Ive got a 6 yr old and he's never asked to watch wrestling

I dont think I've even seen it on T.V. in the last 5 yrs? Seems like the kids in the neighborhood (boys and girl 6 -8 yrs) gravitate towards super Hero's and Legos. Maybe the 11 -13 yr olds are more into wrestling?

It just dawned on me I probably shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry everyone.

Your secret is safe with us! I'm still anxiously awaiting a phone call from my TA too!

I have absolutely no clue what they will come out with?!! Just hoping it's something appealing to the grandkids - we haven't told them that SpongeBob is jumping ship - we hoped to tell them "SpongeBob won't be there, but, _______________ will be there"!! (hoping it's equal or above SpongeBob in their eyes!!)

I was out of town yesterday and didn't watch it They are supposed to send a link today so we can rewatch it....however from what I read from others NOTHING is going to replace it. They are going to work to enhance the clubs they have already with the company they work with.

I was out of town yesterday and didn't watch it They are supposed to send a link today so we can rewatch it....however from what I read from others NOTHING is going to replace it. They are going to work to enhance the clubs they have already with the company they work with.

I'm interested to see how they will improve on what they have w/o a theming IP.