World Cup Final on Sunday, July 5

Our family boards the FOS this Sunday. This is the day that the USA women play Japan in the World Cup final. It looks like the game begins at 4 pm. Do you think they will play it on board the ship??

We were on Independence last week and they didn't show a single game :-( I was really disappointed because we were aboard Freedom during the World Cup last year and we really enjoyed watching games on the big screen at the pool.

My best guess as to why they don't show the games is because this year's is on Fox Sports and the stations available on the ship are ESPN.

I hope you get to see it, but I wouldn't have high hopes.

Our family boards the FOS this Sunday. This is the day that the USA women play Japan in the World Cup final. It looks like the game begins at 4 pm. Do you think they will play it on board the ship??

Stream it

Just off Oasis and we were hoping to watch the USA/Germany game. The ship did not show it but several of us showed up at the Pub on the Promenade and streamed it on several devices (laptop & iPad). Speed on Oasis was great for streaming. No problem at all. There was quite a crowd that joined us.

Too bad we all couldn't enjoy it in On Air or the Aqua Theater screens. Would have been a blast!

Good luck and enjoy!

Just off Oasis and we were hoping to watch the USA/Germany game. The ship did not show it but several of us showed up at the Pub on the Promenade and streamed it on several devices (laptop & iPad). Speed on Oasis was great for streaming. No problem at all. There was quite a crowd that joined us.

Too bad we all couldn't enjoy it in On Air or the Aqua Theater screens. Would have been a blast!

Good luck and enjoy!

Good Times, we were one of the two tablets used.....:)

Game is at 7pm ET, I'm pretty sure. Coverage starts at 5pm ET.

I agree w/PP who said the game probably won't be shown because it's on Fox. I wonder if you could hookup an antenna to your TV (provided you have a balcony or OV) and pick up the Florida stations. That would be a major long shot though.

10717 ~ sorry we had to leave for dinner and didn't get to share the second half with everyone. Felt a bit strange having our laptop on a chair at Sabor but it worked :-)

S.A.M.J.R. ~ Streaming worked just fine if you have internet package. Highly doubt that you'd be able to pick up a FL station after being out to sea for two hours. We had cables with us and asked about connecting our laptop to a TV in the pub and were told no.

I guarantee if the Super Bowl is on FOX that they'd find a way to show it.

Mominva ~ come back and let us know how it goes! Hope you get to watch one way or the other.

10717 ~ sorry we had to leave for dinner and didn't get to share the second half with everyone. Felt a bit strange having our laptop on a chair at Sabor but it worked :-)

S.A.M.J.R. ~ Streaming worked just fine if you have internet package. Highly doubt that you'd be able to pick up a FL station after being out to sea for two hours. We had cables with us and asked about connecting our laptop to a TV in the pub and were told no.

Mominva ~ come back and let us know how it goes! Hope you get to watch one way or the other.

I would agree with you if they were heading due east. But aren't they going to follow the coast (I don't know how far out though) of Florida? Signals are going to travel the furthest over flat terrain (water). I admit it would be a stretch, but kind of cool to try.

Originally Posted by Host Anne

That's because people and advertisers like the Super Bowl, girls soccer, eh, not so much for now

Edited by John&LaLa
quote disappeared

I know how big the market is for the Super Bowl. But you'd be surprised how many people want to watch the Women's World Cup Final tomorrow. It's not like it's not being broadcast. If Royal Caribbean really wanted to show it, they could find a way.

Leaving tomorrow!!

I actually am glad the women's final is at 7pm, not during our muster drill.

We are definitely going to the pub to see if anyone is streaming the game. Thanks, Anne, for the idea.

My 10th grade daughter has played soccer since kindergarten. Her coach will be at the game, as well as some of her teammates. This is a must see event for our family. It will be a blast to watch it with other fans! Watching the semi-final on TV, I could hear the excited fans cheering for the women. Go USA!

They might show it, even though it's on FOX. I know that the ESPN International channel that they have simulcasts a lot of different games.

When I was on the Independence back in December, 2013, the ship had one early NFL game (Detroit vs. Philadelphia, FOX) & one of the later games (don't remember which game). I believe the ships will also broadcast the Sunday Night NBC game as well, even though the ships don't carry NBC. Those games are typically shown through the ESPN International feed the ships get. So, it is possible that the World Cup Final will be broadcast on the ships.

We were on Independence last week and they didn't show a single game :-( I was really disappointed because we were aboard Freedom during the World Cup last year and we really enjoyed watching games on the big screen at the pool.

My best guess as to why they don't show the games is because this year's is on Fox Sports and the stations available on the ship are ESPN.

I hope you get to see it, but I wouldn't have high hopes.

Indy did show a Huge important game? can't remember in Feb what it was. It was shown in the pub on their tv -- I remember everyone watching it was in and out. Hockey maybe?

FiFA-- Women's World Soccer-- US vs Japan game is at 4 PM Vancouver time.

FOX is set up by BC Place since the games started so I guess they are the only ones broadcasting it?

This is our weird sky today due to all the BC forest fires we have had. It has been unusually hot and dry here. 29C today downtown---double and add 30=F approx.

http://www.news1130.com/2015/07/05/hazy-sky-in-metro-vancouver/

They might show it, even though it's on FOX. I know that the ESPN International channel that they have simulcasts a lot of different games.

When I was on the Independence back in December, 2013, the ship had one early NFL game (Detroit vs. Philadelphia, FOX) & one of the later games (don't remember which game). I believe the ships will also broadcast the Sunday Night NBC game as well, even though the ships don't carry NBC. Those games are typically shown through the ESPN International feed the ships get. So, it is possible that the World Cup Final will be broadcast on the ships.

According to this, ESPN International doesn't have it.

BUT, do the ships have Telemundo? It's being simulcast on there.

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.