Azura are you listening

Bumpy ride

Several years ago we sailed on this fantastic ship and had a great time.

So much so we are going again next week.

I'm from Scotland and like most others with families have to travel during school holidays.

One thing that does concern me is that I have been informed by the P&O advice centre that they will be only one table tennis table available for use.

On my previous trip it was an extremely popular pastime with long waits before getting a game and that was with two tables in use.

Surely for a ship carrying in excess of 3000 passengers at peak school holiday times there should be more than one table available.

Can someone from P&O take responsibility and make sure that this situation is resolved before we set sail from Southampton on the 11th. July cruise number A517.

I will tell you know that if there is only one table available someone's going to have to answer a lot of questions from a lot of unhappy customers.

So let's be proactive P&O and insure there is at least two tables to accommodate.

I think you may be in for a bumpy ride.....I can't see P & O getting ruffled by the lack of a second table tennis table....really....

But I sincerely hope you enjoy your cruise ......and can find something else to occupy your time. There is plenty to chose from. Azura is a lovely ship.

Well well well mystical mother I just wish you will be on board to personally take on board the comments from fellow cruisers. You merely have to ask yourself why smaller ships (even from alternative cruise lines have more than one table)

I will for sure take your comment on board and discuss, hopefully with someone in authority that can perhaps avoid such an unfortunate pending situation in light of having such apathy from P&O before embarkation.

Ironically the comment I expect from P&O at sea will be "we could have reacted if we new before we left "

One thing that does concern me is that I have been informed by the P&O advice centre that they will be only one table tennis table available for use.

On my previous trip it was an extremely popular pastime with long waits before getting a game and that was with two tables in use.

Just a thought - but if there were 2 TT tables on your cruise several years ago and there is now routinely one, it would suggest P&O thought that on the whole they were underused and only one was needed, or it was better to dispense with one in favour of more space for sunbeds, tables and chairs on deck, for example.

As it is clear there has only been one table for at least 2 years, presumably there has been little outcry about it, or insufficient to warrant P&O reinstating it, so it seems unlikely that P&O will respond either in time for or during your cruise, no matter how much you throw your toys out of your pram, especially since P&O remain deaf and blind to customers' feedback on other, what many people would deem more important, issues.

I'm sure there are things most of us would like to see available on our cruises that fit in with our personal hobbies and interests, as mysticalmother suggests, but we accept that they are not available and are willing to forego them for the week or two that we are on a cruise. If TT is so important to you, perhaps a holiday at a resort specifically geared to sports might be more appropriate?

Ironically the comment I expect from P&O at sea will be "we could have reacted if we new before we left "

I very much doubt that will be their reaction. It will more likely be a response around the best use of available space to meet the needs/wants of the majority of passengers.

I still hope you manage to have a great cruise. [emoji4]

Unless P and O have greatly improved things since our April cruise I think they have more important things to contend with than a table tennis table.

We cruised on her in January and had a great time. No complaints at all.

There are two tables on Ventura on the mezzanine deck about the indoor pool. You obtain bats and balls from the bar! It is necessary to hand over your cruise card as a sureity. I am surprised Azura only has one table as it is the same basic design as Ventura. Have you emailed P&O and got a reply?

Regards John

I have found that the cruise line is in two totally different parts. Firstly employees who are mobile and travel the world on ships and secondly the land based staff who do not have much to do with the former group. I wonder if there is a second table on board in storage? If so it could be enticed out by many passengers enquiring.

Regards John

John

I think and hope your SPOT ON. For over 3000 passengers to only have one table is merely only ticking a facilities box.

I'm only trying to engage with the company before the sea crew have to deal with the issue.

Outside of the regular players I know who will be on board kids and others will undoubtedly want a game as per previous trips.

Pity P&O are not "rowing in the same boat" .....

John could be correct. If passengers ask while on board, another table may well be produced. While I've never really noticed a lot of people using table tennis tables on ships, I recognise that I don't usually cruise in school holiday times. If there's a demand for another table, and there is one available, I would hope that P&O put it out for use.

There are two tables on Ventura on the mezzanine deck about the indoor pool. You obtain bats and balls from the bar! It is necessary to hand over your cruise card as a sureity. I am surprised Azura only has one table as it is the same basic design as Ventura. Have you emailed P&O and got a reply?

Regards John

Thats good to know. On Ventura for 28 days next January and DH does like his table tennis on seadays. Hope they put on some tournaments 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD