REGAL PRINCESS NOISY ROOM-Beware

redcasey

Just returned from fifteen days cruise to Hawaii.Our companions had Mini Suite A 141.They were unable to sleep because of all of the squeeks,knocks and other noises in the roon.When they complained they were given ear plugs.In Hawaii they bought heavy duty ear plugs at Sears,but these too made it hard to sleep.Finally after going to the Pursers Desk every night,a ships officer came to the room and listened to the noise.,an adjustment was made on the cost of the room and they were offered sleeping space in a lower deck inside room.For the first few days the ships people treated it as a joke{all ships creak and make noise.Our friends are platinum members and have sailed around the world,and are familiar with ships sounds.They had to keep going down in the middle of the night to complain.This was not a new problem in this room as there were felt pads inserted between the walls and ceiling.We took pictures and intend to continue this with Princess.This was also not the only room to have problems.Good luck to future sailors.

Sorry to hear that there were problems with the rooms on Regal. My parrents are on the Regal right now and their room is about six down from yours. Were a lot of people having problems with the noises. Was it the rooms or also noises coming from above or below as well? I really hope that they aren't in a noisy room. I would think that for such a long cruise and the amount of money paid, that they could atleast fix these problems or send them on a better boat! Anything else interesting you would like to share? I have been watching the web cam but all I see is water : )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I just talked to my husband and told him about the trouble A 141 had on the cruise. He said that must be the reason they slammed their door all the time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

We were on the same cruise and also had no problems,but when the ship was at sea in really was hard to get any sleep in there room.The only reason I posted this is that the solution from Princess is to offer ear plugs,they are not solving the problem for future cruises in the same room.When you have a captive audience as they do the problem goes away after each cruise.Any other business would have to solve the problem.

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that on our Australian and New Zealand cruise on the Regal,

my husband and I had an inside cabin. The constant banging, clanging and popping

noise above our cabin was extremely bad. A full

ship so no room change possible only ear plugs.

We were told that older ships do make noise. We

were so tired from not getting proper rest that

we slept during our excursion tours. We were

very disappointed in their response since we had

been on 4 other Princess ship and had not encounter any problems. Do complain as we did.

We were issued a refund of $650.00 per person on

another Princess Cruise. We are using this refund for our future Baltic Cruise this May.

Clare

We were in cabin 142 on a previous cruise and we had about a dozen shims in the ceiling!! At that point I knew we had a problem. One night I had to get up on the dresser and put my ship card in a spot around the mirror to stop the noise. The noise from above was really bad during the day and some early mornings. I will probably shy away from the Regal but if we must we will pass on the mini-suite under the pool deck.

Amazing !!!

Cruised on the Regal to Hawaii 15 days in Novemeber and there was no noise at all - even though we had rain and seas most every day

Already booked her for SF - NY in August and can't wait she is a classic in every sense of the word.

I did not mean to imply that all rooms made noise,the room my friends were in made more than just ordinary ships noise,several other people complained and were given ear plugs also.When the purser spent time at night in the room,he agreed it was noisy and issued a $1000.dollar shipboard credit.

Archived