What is Spa interior cabin?

no1volman

We're already booked for next June in an interior on Lido on the Magic. I've been checking for price drops daily and I noticed I can get a cloud 9 spa interior for just a few dollars more than my current rate. What's the difference in those interiors? What do you get with a spa interior that I wouldn't get in a standard interior room?

You get access to the Thalassotherapy pool and heated tile loungers and upgraded amenities in your room (soap, shampoo). We are staying in one of these rooms in October. We've paid as much as $300 as a couple for the pool and loungers on another ship.

You get access to the Thalassotherapy pool and heated tile loungers and upgraded amenities in your room (soap, shampoo). We are staying in one of these rooms in October. We've paid as much as $300 as a couple for the pool and loungers on another ship.

I have no idea what those items are, lol. I assume they're on the same deck as the room? Do you have unlimited access?

The cabins are on 11 and 12 spa is on 13 but there's a somewhat private elevator to get you up there.

The pool is like a whirlpool but with a built in lounger to lay on. The heated tile loungers are so comfortable. If you want to get away and just relax, these are awesome. I wish I was lying on a heated tile loungers right now.

Edited by bravestwj

The Cloud 9 Spa interior cabins are located close to the ship's spa and receive complimentary access to the Hydrotherapy Pool, Thermal Suite (steam rooms and saunas along with heated tile loungers), relaxation room, complimentary fitness classes (not sure which ones or how many though), exclusive discounts on spa treatments (only on port days if I remember right). Spa cabins also recieve upgraded bath amenities and special "spa touches" in the cabin (what those are I'm not sure).

I believe the "spa pass" that includes the hydrotherapy pool, thermal suite and relax room normally runs $99-119pp on a seven day cruise. Depending on the cruise fare the spa interior cabin can be an excellent value if you will make use of these facilities.

That's interesting. I did a mock booking online and I can get one for $40 more per person than my current rate (we have 3 in a cabin). It's probably not something I would take advantage of but I bet my wife would like it.

Is the pool heated or cool? I'm not sure how I feel about heated pools and heated loungers in June. I guess if they're indoors in the air conditioning it wouldn't be bad.

It's an indoor pool with floor to ceiling windows and a glass roof in a climate controlled room, similar to a giant hot tub, with all kinds of jets and an area to lay in the water and relax while the jets massage your back, legs, arms, etc. filled with saltwater and minerals. It's awesome!

We were in one on the Splendor. The colors are less intense and you get better shampoo and soaps. Loved having access to the spa and not having to pay for it. We were in the thermolasso? pool every day. It is so relaxing and we never found it crowded.

It is quieter there also because you do not have people running around the halls. Just more peaceful. You will love it.

That's interesting. I did a mock booking online and I can get one for $40 more per person than my current rate (we have 3 in a cabin). It's probably not something I would take advantage of but I bet my wife would like it.

FYI Only the first 2 people get access to the spa in these cabins. Additional people must pay for spa use. That's the way it was when we were on the Splendor.

Love the spa! DH and I daily go to the t-pool, steam rooms, saunas, lay on heated tile loungers with wonderful views of the ocean. I'd rather be there any day than on the Lido deck. In 4 months I will be there in my Magical cabin!!:D

FYI Only the first 2 people get access to the spa in these cabins. Additional people must pay for spa use. That's the way it was when we were on the Splendor.

That's right. Only 2 from a cabin. I think the price was like $250 per couple but may be more now for a 7 day cruise...

Does the pool and loungers stay really crowded? Or do you need to make appointments?

No appointments needed for pool or loungers. Not really crowded, sometimes it was just DH and myself. Nothing like the hot tubs on deck.

For $40 extra, I think it's worth it. Think of that therapy pool as a fancy hot tub, and what is being referred to as tile loungers are actually 4 different rooms that are like fancy saunas. Each of the 4 rooms have different temperatures & different scents. I'm a man, and not a spa guy, but I really enjoyed these rooms anyway. I thought it was worth the extra $50 each that we paid. I didn't really understand why the tile loungers in 1 of the rooms were that big of a deal, but I liked the feel & scent of those 4 rooms, rotating through them. It was relaxing. They don't get very busy, since they limit how many people can purchase passes. My spa interior was also on the Magic. You can see my write-up & see pics of it in my Magic review. The link is in my signature. I say to go for it, no question.