Least expensive wi-fi by the Dockyard

goldesq

My girls used the one at the dockyard a few weeks ago. We were in a mini-suite on the 14th floor and our balcony faced the dock and they were able to sit out there nice and comfy in their chairs face timing there boyfriends back home. You get a login so you can use it on multiple devices just one at a time, worked out great for them.

• 2 weeks later...
My girls used the one at the dockyard a few weeks ago. We were in a mini-suite on the 14th floor and our balcony faced the dock and they were able to sit out there nice and comfy in their chairs face timing there boyfriends back home. You get a login so you can use it on multiple devices just one at a time, worked out great for them.

Did they use the telebermuda.com as mentioned above?

If so, I would need to buy two packages if we both needed it?

Please let me know as it seems like a pretty good deal.

Thanks,

I used TeleBermuda 3 weeks ago. I bought it at the Dockyard. It was 14.99 for 3 days. You need to pay in cash for it in the little white house/store diagonally across from the yogurt store/shop (terrible and expensive yogurt and even worse aka slow free wifi (with purchase) connection that needed a password for every 30 minutes time ..also no where to plug in unless you asked the store owner to plug in next to the register) and next store to the restaurant, Bonefish Bar and Grill.

With this wifi 3 day plan, you can only use one device (thats what they told me but I didnt test that as I only used it on a laptop). Several people can log in at different times but its one device only. Essentially you are buying a card with a password on it it the store. I would recommend the salesperson put in the password for you and connect while in the store. My password was wonky but eventually worked but I needed help (requiring me to go all the way back to the store).

From the ship, I found that on deck 5 outside on the loungers I was able to get a signal if I was facing the Dockyard. Depending on which way the ship is pointed, I would test several of the loungers to see if the front or back of the ship works best. I found the back worked best (we were pointed away from the Breakaway). It always took a while to get the wifi to catch on if on the ship but it eventually worked. It dropped occasionally but it worked (no outlets obviously outside on the loungers). I even tried to sit right inside in the chairs in the lounge on the 5th floor (where they do the art auction) but the wifi wasnt strong enough to go inside. Using my laptop right outside the store where you buy the card seems logical but its too sunny to see a laptop screen and also way too hot.

If you need a lot of work done while on your Bermuda vacation requiring wifi, be prepared to be frustrated. I was.

Edited by goldesq

the TeleBermuda website states

How to Connect?

Enable WIFI on your device

Search for the WiFiZone by TBi network

Open a web browser to connect to sign-up page

Rates

1 hour- $4.99

24 hrs- $9.99

72 hrs- $14.99

Basic Monthly- $29.99

Pay by credit card or prepaid coupons available at select locations.

So was wondering why people say they are buying a wifi pass in the dockyard. Can I not just follow the above directions and buy wifi with my credit card?

the TeleBermuda website states

How to Connect?

Enable WIFI on your device

Search for the WiFiZone by TBi network

Open a web browser to connect to sign-up page

Rates

1 hour- $4.99

24 hrs- $9.99

72 hrs- $14.99

Basic Monthly- $29.99

Pay by credit card or prepaid coupons available at select locations.

So was wondering why people say they are buying a wifi pass in the dockyard. Can I not just follow the above directions and buy wifi with my credit card?

Because doing that while I was there 3 weeks ago wasnt working. Thus you had to go to the store and pay in cash.

I bought the 3-day pass for $14.99 from the tourist info center. In my experience, once you activate the code on one device, you can't use it on any other devices, but I didn't investigate that a lot.

The main thing is that the service is lousy. Even in places where the signal is very strong, the data transfer rate is horrible, and for most of the 3 days, I found the wifi completely unusable for fetching e-mail and simple browsing.

In my opinion the Dockyard wifi is a waste of money. It kind of worked on the first day, but I guess when more people started using it (especially when a second, 4000-passenger ship joined us in port on our second day), it was totally worthless. :mad: