B2B Questions

Avril

It's been awhile since I've done a B2B so I forget some of the details. I'm doing one with my Mom on the Breeze (my all time favourite ship) for New Years and the 1st week in January, SO excited!!!! :D Just a couple of questions. Obviously, we have to fill out our online check in (Fun Pass) for the 1st cruise but do we have to do it for the 2nd as well? We have the same cabin for both cruises if that makes a difference. When we get off the ship at the end of the 1st cruise and get back on for the 2nd, will we have to visit Guest Services so they can re-scan our credit card(s) to set up our S&S account for the 2nd cruise or is that done automatically? Anything else I should know that I may have forgotten?

Thanks so much!! :D

We've always just went ahead and did both online boarding passes with our credit card info included. Bring it with us to port. May not be necessary, but I find it doesn't takes too long. I ask our PVP to link the two cruises as a b2b, as well. TA or Carnival can do the same.

Love b2bs! Have a great trip! :)

To Carnival, each leg of the B2B is a separate cruise. You will get a new Sail&Sign card and "account" for the second leg. But, if you go ahead and do the check-in for both legs, you will be good to go! Have a great cruise!

It's been awhile since I've done a B2B so I forget some of the details. I'm doing one with my Mom on the Breeze (my all time favourite ship) for New Years and the 1st week in January, SO excited!!!! :D Just a couple of questions. Obviously, we have to fill out our online check in (Fun Pass) for the 1st cruise but do we have to do it for the 2nd as well? We have the same cabin for both cruises if that makes a difference. When we get off the ship at the end of the 1st cruise and get back on for the 2nd, will we have to visit Guest Services so they can re-scan our credit card(s) to set up our S&S account for the 2nd cruise or is that done automatically? Anything else I should know that I may have forgotten?

No, you do not have to have your CC re-scanned. As a matter of fact, if you enter all the info when you check-in online, they don't even have to scan it when you board the ship for the 1st cruise, At least they didn't on our last cruise in January.

And, yes, do make sure your cruise are linked as B2B.

Yes, you need to do on-line check in for both cruises. You will get instructions at the end I cruise#1 where to meet with the others B2Bs to exit and return for cruise #2

Yes, you need to do on-line check in for both cruises. You will get instructions at the end I cruise#1 where to meet with the others B2Bs to exit and return for cruise #2

Per above, you'll get complete instructions on where to meet and they will "mother hen" you through it. EASY! :D

LuLu

We've always just went ahead and did both online boarding passes with our credit card info included. Bring it with us to port. May not be necessary, but I find it doesn't takes too long. I ask our PVP to link the two cruises as a b2b, as well. TA or Carnival can do the same.

Love b2bs! Have a great trip! :)

To Carnival, each leg of the B2B is a separate cruise. You will get a new Sail&Sign card and "account" for the second leg. But, if you go ahead and do the check-in for both legs, you will be good to go! Have a great cruise!

Ok, I'll go ahead and fill out both then. It's not that hard. Yes, I do remember that we get new S&S cards for the 2nd, just wasn't sure if they need to re-scan our credit card. Thanks so much. :D I just couldn't remember if we had to do both or not. Do we have to bring our boarding passes for both cruises. I'm assuming we don't need luggage tags for the 2nd cruise (since we have the same cabin for both cruises).

No, you do not have to have your CC re-scanned. As a matter of fact, if you enter all the info when you check-in online, they don't even have to scan it when you board the ship for the 1st cruise, At least they didn't on our last cruise in January.

And, yes, do make sure your cruise are linked as B2B.

Oh, ok. That's great!! They've always asked to see my credit card when I check in (for every cruise no matter which cruise line). If they don't ask anymore, that's one less step between getting to the terminal and boarding the ship!! :D

How do you have the cruises linked as a B2B? Not sure if ours are or not. We booked through Carnival so maybe the Agent did it automatically but it sounds like that would be a good thing to check. Do they have to be linked so they don't try to kick us off at the end of the 1st cruise? Also, since we have the same cabin for both cruises, do we have to let our Cabin Steward know we're doing a B2B or will he/she already know?

Go to Guest Services during the first cruise to confirm your on the list.

You can bring on 2 bottles on wine per adult, bring both boarding passes.

On the first debark day- If you're in the same cabin, leave it alone. If you are moving cabin talk with your room steward. We packed our stuff up and attached the luggage tags for the new cabin. Some will move clothes on hangars.

We didn't have to attend the second muster but we did.

Oh, ok. That's great!! They've always asked to see my credit card when I check in (for every cruise no matter which cruise line). If they don't ask anymore, that's one less step between getting to the terminal and boarding the ship!! :D

How do you have the cruises linked as a B2B? Not sure if ours are or not. We booked through Carnival so maybe the Agent did it automatically but it sounds like that would be a good thing to check. Do they have to be linked so they don't try to kick us off at the end of the 1st cruise? Also, since we have the same cabin for both cruises, do we have to let our Cabin Steward know we're doing a B2B or will he/she already know?

You know I don't remember about the CC & we just got back last mth. B2B. :confused: You will still have to stand there & show your Passport & get you S&S card.

We always let our steward know that we are B2B & that our cabin won't need anything turn around mornin' they are so busy I just make up our bed & get clean towels that eve. :)

Not to long ago I went to get a cup of coffee that first mornin' after turn around & my S&S was not activated so had to take CC to be scanned. Not a big deal. It really don't make a difference if they are linked. :D

Char

Ok, I'll go ahead and fill out both then. It's not that hard. Yes, I do remember that we get new S&S cards for the 2nd, just wasn't sure if they need to re-scan our credit card. Thanks so much. :D I just couldn't remember if we had to do both or not. Do we have to bring our boarding passes for both cruises. I'm assuming we don't need luggage tags for the 2nd cruise (since we have the same cabin for both cruises).

You definitely do not need luggage tags for cruise 2. You only need to print your boarding pass if you are bringing a 2nd bottle of wine when you embark for cruise 1. If not, you only need to print out your boarding pass for cruise1. If bringing a bottle of wine for cruise2, you need to show both boarding passes at the start of cruise1 so that you are allowed to bring the extra bottle.

Since you are in the same cabin, the room steward probably has it on their list. However, it does not hurt to mention it to him/her a couple of days before the end of cruise 1.

We're from Canada so do we have to print off our boarding passes for both cruises to show the Customs Official at the boarder (we fly from Buffalo but even if we flew from Toronto, still have to go through US Customs at the airport)? You know, to prove that we really are doing what we say we're doing. I just want to be prepared for anything!!

If we buy alcohol from the fun shops on the first leg of our cruise, do they deliver them to our room at the end of that cruise and then we will have them for the 2nd leg? Thinking I read that somewhere???

We're from Canada so do we have to print off our boarding passes for both cruises to show the Customs Official at the boarder (we fly from Buffalo but even if we flew from Toronto, still have to go through US Customs at the airport)? You know, to prove that we really are doing what we say we're doing. I just want to be prepared for anything!!

We have never flown out of Buffalo but from Toronto Pearson, have never had to show proof of why we are flying to the USA. We do tell them the purpose of our flight to the USA and we have flown to many different cities to cruise out of various ports and have never been asked for proof.

We usually stay one day or more precruise so on our customs form, usually have to indicate our US address and that is usually the address of our hotel or friends. Our custom forms do not have any info that we will be boarding a cruise ship. It is usually just verbal info for the purpose of our trip. The Custom officers usually stamp our passports B2 for 6 months from the date we enter the U.S. Guess that means we can stay up to 6 months in the US without coming back to Canada first. If we fly home and fly back to the U.S. before that 6 month date, our passport is stamped with a new B2 for another 6 months.

If we buy alcohol from the fun shops on the first leg of our cruise, do they deliver them to our room at the end of that cruise and then we will have them for the 2nd leg? Thinking I read that somewhere???

It was never a guarantee as some ships have your bookings flagged as b2b and will not deliver your alcohol until the end of your 2nd cruise. Some did and some did not. You never knew until you got it or not. However, you could buy it after 7pm and bring to your cabin for 2nd cruise or have someone leaving the next morning to buy it for you. That was only up to July 9.

It is more doubtful now that any ships will have your alcohol for you after your first cruise. If you have not heard, as of July 9, all liquor bought in the duty free shops or held for you for liquor bought in ports will now have to be retrieved on the morning of disembarkation. The reason is that they do not want consumption of these bottles on the last night. So if this is their reasoning, I would think that they will make a point of flagging the b2b passengers and not have their liquor available until the end of the 2nd cruise. This is only my opinion.

We will have to wait until after July 9 when cruisers return and see what their experience was and how Carnival handled it.

Thank you..I was afraid of that! Hopefully that isn't the case...but if it is- oh well, nothing we can do about it!:)

The only way to be sure that you will have liquor for cruise 2 is to ask someone who is only doing one cruise, to buy your liquor for you. They will however have to be willing to go to the room designated for pick up on the morning of debarkation to retrieve your bottles and hand it over to you before they leave.