Sleevless tops for women?

Having a policy but letting one group slide because of their gender is pretty much text book definition of double standard.

Double standard? A nice sleeveless blouse vs. a sleeves men's undershirt/tshirt doesn't even compare.

I have never seen a sleeveless men's shirt appropriate for MDR.

Well, unfair is discriminating against someone because of their gender. No different than any other dress code policy violation that is enforced against men but not against women. It is de facto sexism. Now, I am not really bothered by a woman in a tank top at all. I think it is fine. But I'm calling it as it is; certain rules on Royal only apply to men even though the rules don't come out and say it.

Another double standard then is that men can go topless around he pool area without anyone blinking an eye, however women are made to wear something to cover themselves up. That is also de fact sexism. I mean heck many men, myself included have some decent sized ahem, ahem.:p

To be honest with you I'd be more comfortable seeing a topless woman by the pool than a man wearing a wifebeater in the MDR. Windjammer I dont see as much of an issue.

But I digress. OP you will be fine with a sleeveless blouse or top. Most dresses worn are ether strapless or just have small straps. That is the same thing as what you are planning on, only I'm sure the dresses reveal a little more. You might want to have something in case yo get chilly tho. I know my wife needed them sometimes.

Did see a young lady sent for a wrap at lunchtime on the Indy though, seems it was too revealing? Just heard her as she passed by but didn't really see what was so bad about her top.

Another double standard then is that men can go topless around he pool area without anyone blinking an eye, however women are made to wear something to cover themselves up. That is also de fact sexism. I mean heck many men, myself included have some decent sized ahem, ahem.:p

To be honest with you I'd be more comfortable seeing a topless woman by the pool than a man wearing a wifebeater in the MDR. Windjammer I dont see as much of an issue.

But I digress. OP you will be fine with a sleeveless blouse or top. Most dresses worn are ether strapless or just have small straps. That is the same thing as what you are planning on, only I'm sure the dresses reveal a little more. You might want to have something in case yo get chilly tho. I know my wife needed them sometimes.

Yep.

Well, unfair is discriminating against someone because of their gender. No different than any other dress code policy violation that is enforced against men but not against women. It is de facto sexism. Now, I am not really bothered by a woman in a tank top at all. I think it is fine. But I'm calling it as it is; certain rules on Royal only apply to men even though the rules don't come out and say it.

I guess I'm using common sense in my thinking, while you're using semantics only about this particular topic.

Having a policy but letting one group slide because of their gender is pretty much text book definition of double standard.

I agree wholeheartedly with that point. I'm reminded of a sailing that hubby and I did several years ago, on which we decided to have dinner in the Windjammer instead of MDR. We BOTH had on decent sleeveless tanks, shorts, and sandals. Hubby was not allowed in because of HIS tank top. Of course we didn't make a scene, he just went to the cabin to switch shirts. We've always been kind of curious about the rules since then though. :confused: