OBC overload? Trick or treat?

PattBenatar

Not liking the fact they now want you to give up ES. Personally, not falling for it.

If Carnival wanted to do away with Early Saver, they would just stop offering it as a fare category. More likely is the fact they are using OBC as a marketing tool to "hook" additional people into booking/becoming cruisers. Many people in today's society want/expect "something for nothing", you see that here in these threads every day.

I personally never book Early Saver because of the restrictions. I want control over my deposit, want to be able to move passengers from cabin to cabin to take advantage of past guest rates, military rates, residence rates, want to be able to cancel my cruise if I decide I want something else. I have always been able to book great cabins at a rate within $20 of Early Saver rates. And, to date, I have never had the cost of my cruises go down, the rate always goes up - latest cruise is up $300 cabin as there are just a handful of balcony cabins remaining.

Others are happy to book early saver and accept the restrictions.