Celebrity Suite(?) Measurements

waverleycruiser

Hope you guys can help. Some time ago a fellow traveller had taken the time and trouble to measure the entire cabin and its cupboards etc and posted it on the forum. I think its was for a Celebrity Suite but not sure about that but if anyone can help point me in the direction of that thread, I'd be very grateful!

Hope you guys can help. Some time ago a fellow traveller had taken the time and trouble to measure the entire cabin and its cupboards etc and posted it on the forum. I think its was for a Celebrity Suite but not sure about that but if anyone can help point me in the direction of that thread, I'd be very grateful!

I do remember one person who did that but it was for a Concierge cabin, not a Celebrity Suite.

I don't have measurements of the CS but stayed in one for 16 nights recently...is there something in particular you wanted to know about it? Maybe I can help....it was a wonderful suite, I can tell you that!!!:D

I don't have measurements of the CS but stayed in one for 16 nights recently...is there something in particular you wanted to know about it? Maybe I can help....it was a wonderful suite, I can tell you that!!!:D

Glad to hear you loved it! It was mainly the storage I was interested in and confirmation that there is an additional 'closet' in the bedroom which, I believe, is a shelved cupboard. Also, were you able to store your suitcases under the bed? We will be on Solstice if it matters. Thanks

Maggie

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but we really did not like the CS. The bedroom felt very limited in space, the living area had no dining space and felt enclosed. Although the overall measurements sound ok we found the space much more enclosed than the M class.

This seems to be a real matter of choice... I have seen reports by many people who love these rooms but personally I would prefer a sky suite (apart from then loosing Michael's)...hence we are RS again on our next cruise.

You can store the cases under any bed and in the closet.

We have a CS for our next cruise and are looking forward to it. Although the room is small and enclosed, we will just sleep in there.

We don't need a regular sized dining table (can use the one on the balcony) but we ARE looking forward to that L shaped sofa configuration for hanging out.

We've been in many Sky suites and we will probably likely go back to those but for this cruise we're looking forward to the CS. Have to mix it up a bit.

About storage, I would put us in the medium range of packers. Meaning, many take much more than we do and many take much less.

We've always had more than enough room in any cabin. Some things we keep in the opened suitcase under the bed - dirty clothes, seldom used items, contingency items, etc. We get extra hangers from the cabin steward and use less of the fat wooden ones that take up so much horizontal space. We don't bring hanging shoe bags or collapsible cubbies, etc. and no matter the cabin we have more than enough room.

Have fun!!

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but we really did not like the CS. The bedroom felt very limited in space, the living area had no dining space and felt enclosed. Although the overall measurements sound ok we found the space much more enclosed than the M class.

This seems to be a real matter of choice... I have seen reports by many people who love these rooms but personally I would prefer a sky suite (apart from then loosing Michael's)...hence we are RS again on our next cruise.

We've not experienced a CS before but had a sky suite on Century. On our upcoming cruise, I researched the available suites in detail and CS is the best choice for us for our budget - on that ship, on that cruise. At home, we live in the country and peace and quiet on holiday are higher up our choice list than actual sleeping space. At least it will be less far to travel to the loo in the night and like the other poster, I can really see us chilling out on the 'L' shaped sofas, glass in hand! Enjoy your Royal Suite cruise.

You can store the cases under any bed and in the closet.

We have a CS for our next cruise and are looking forward to it. Although the room is small and enclosed, we will just sleep in there.

We don't need a regular sized dining table (can use the one on the balcony) but we ARE looking forward to that L shaped sofa configuration for hanging out.

We've been in many Sky suites and we will probably likely go back to those but for this cruise we're looking forward to the CS. Have to mix it up a bit.

About storage, I would put us in the medium range of packers. Meaning, many take much more than we do and many take much less.

We've always had more than enough room in any cabin. Some things we keep in the opened suitcase under the bed - dirty clothes, seldom used items, contingency items, etc. We get extra hangers from the cabin steward and use less of the fat wooden ones that take up so much horizontal space. We don't bring hanging shoe bags or collapsible cubbies, etc. and no matter the cabin we have more than enough room.

Have fun!!

That's just the kind of feedback I was looking for - many thanks!

.....the living area had no dining space and felt enclosed.

Forgot to ask - re the dining options, would the butler bring the veranda table indoors for dining if requested? Its what we thought might be the resolution to the problem you mentioned.

Maggie

We were in a CS on the Constellation in April. We really liked the room- especially the closet/dressing area. But beware- they have a shower/tub combo that is very high off the ground- almost dangerously so. We were fine with it, but if you are not "spry" or over 5'6 feet tall, you will have problems getting in and out of the shower/tub.

Drewdie beat me to the punch! I, too, was going to mention that tub/shower in the CS! I'm pretty spry, and I had a whole lotta trouble getting in and out of that tub! The side is really high, so stepping into it is not easy at all! If there are any mobility problems or balance problems, I say "Beware"!!!

I was in a CS on Summit in April for the repositioning cruise to Bayonne, and there is plenty of storage in that cabin. I am a HEAVY packer, and there was so much unused shelf and drawer space for me.

I had a dining table in my cabin, and 4 chairs to boot. I never had a meal in the cabin because that just isn't my thing.

I was so impressed with the CS cabins on the M-class ships that I booked one again next year. It will be the first leg of a B2B; I'll be in the PH for the second leg. I'm boarding with all of the luggage for the 4 of us who will be in the PH. I'll stow it in the CS, and then have the butlers transfer it to the PH while I disembark and pick up my other family members.

I do not anticipate having any problems keeping that sealed luggage out of my way for 4 days.

I will recommend that you purchase a rubber tub mat to prevent slipping in that deep tub/shower combo. There aren't sufficient grab bars, and the bottom of the tub lacks traction. Just sayin'

The CS on the S and M class ships are totally different so no way to compare. We've been in both and love both.

I don't really get the issue with no table in the living room on the "S" class. There is a large table on the balcony that will seat 4 and I imagine if you wanted the butler would bring it inside. There is also a large square coffee table that you could dine at....no it's not formal but eating IN YOUR ROOM really isn't anyway. If you are on a warm weather cruise eating on the balcony would be great.... we spent many an early evening on our balcony sipping a glass of wine before dinner at Luminae (which you will LOVE!)

The bedroom was fine in size, we sleep there, so it doesn't have to be big.

There is more than ample storage space with the walk in closet and space under the bed that was not an issue at all.

We've booked it again for our TA next spring. I am obviously one of those that love it and would never consider a Sky Suite instead, we loved having the private bedroom, no matter the size, it allowed my DH to sleep in and me to get up early and not disturb him....the two doors to the bathroom are also great...sure I would love to book a RS but the price difference is usually HUGE and not worth it to us...especially with Michael's Club..

Have a wonderful cruise!!!:)

As someone already mentioned, the S and M class ships have completely different Celebrity Suites. These pictures are all from Eclipse, two different rooms from two different cruises, but you can tell the layout is the same.

There is a lot of storage space - we had 4 regular suitcases for two 2 week cruises - and it all fits no problem.

The main storage spaces you'll see in the pictures are:

1) Closet in bedroom - hanging space, lots of floor space, drawers, and space above the safe

2) Closet next to hall mirror - this thing is pretty large - I can fit 15 large men's shirts in it, with plenty of space below for shoes/bags, and there is a shelf above which has a lot of flat space - roughly 1.5 ft wide by 1.5 deep and about 1 ft height

3) Shelves between bedroom tv and bathroom - this thing is very small like 8 inches wide by about 1 foot deep and has 5-6 shelves - but it actually holds a lot. Great for toiletries, socks, anything soft that you can shove in it.

4) Bathroom cabinet - three shelves, the bottom is partially blocked by the things holding the glasses, but tall items like hairspray fit in there easily

5) Drawers next to bed - not very large but socks/underwear fit fine

6) Obviously under the bed for the suitcases

Spaces we don't use (stateroom/butler use this space some) but are there:

Cabinet under sink

Cabinet in front of TV in main room

Thank you everyone, especially rcixfan5! Those pictures are really useful and looking at the wardrobe space, I think my husband will find the smaller wardrobe more than enough space for his needs(arf!)

I'd clocked the height of the bath and Olive1950's suggestion about the rubber mat makes sense. I also have a small collapse stool which may just fit on the top of my suitcase. :)

Thanks again all - its so useful 'speaking' to people with experience. Happy Cruising

Maggie