Barcelona - city to cruise port

mrsbraxton

hi all,

We're flying to Barcelona Friday morning and have time to spare before cruise that evening.

What are our best options for getting from city to cruise?

2 adults and 1 toddler plus his stroller. We won't have suitcases as were meeting a company at airport who'll take them, store them and deliver to port later for us.

Tks!

We used a taxi last time we were in Barcelona, thought it was reasonable and direct, you won't have to pay baggage handling charge of you have no bags, they may ding you for the stroller ( €3 if I remember right) not sure of the laws on car seats with children in Spain but you may need a small portable one. Good luck

Edited by MrJoeBlack

I can't imagine a taxi fare being €65 from the town centre. The fare from the airport to the port is approx €40 and that's a longer journey with airport and luggage surcharge.

However, my parents were overcharged getting a taxi back to their hotel from Las Ramblas in Feb 2014 - the driver took advantage of them.

Some of the drivers are very untrustworthy (they have a reputation for ripping tourists off) so I'd suggest you ask how much the fare might be before setting off - we always do, even at the port after disembarking from our cruise and there's a queue! We've had some very honest drivers, too, I'm glad to say.

Hope you have a great cruise, Mrs Braxton.

Edited by Beamafar