Engagement

dxetaz09

So after a drunken proposal, I decided that I need to propose properly so that is why I want to propose to my boyfriend on our upcoming cruise in Nov. This would be our first cruise and I am not sure what would be a romantic spot. I am cruising out of Baltimore to Port Carnival,and Freeport. When we get to Nassau it is not an option because its my birthday lol. Also we have a balcony stateroom. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dxetaz09

Congratulations!

What ship/line are you sailing on?

Most importantly, don't stress to heavily about when/where. It's going to be special and perfect regardless.

Edited by drhall

It might be hard to say because you two have not cruised before, but does he have anything he is drawn to? Does he like watching the stars, sunrise, sunset? Food that you two love to indulge in? Would a public affair be better or something with just the two of you?

The location isn't as important as the things you say (and the fact that you actually proposed!), but a location that has some meaning behind it can make for better stories.

If you'd like to propose privately, I think your stateroom balcony could be a nice spot in the evening, especially if you will be leaving one of the ports at or after sunset. The view as you leave port would be beautiful and a nice backdrop. Arrange to have a bottle of champagne, invite him out onto the balcony, and pop the question. This time save the drinking for after the proposal! :D

Edited by CntPAcruiser

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I think we're on the same cruise and that's an awesome idea! He's going to be so surprised. I always tear up during proposals. As far as where, I agree that it depends on whether you want it private or public. I've never been on Pride, but I'm sure there are some romantic spots and you could even try asking the cruise director once on board and they may be able to help you set something up. I'm so excited for you!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk