Love and Marriage game show

Yea, from the way you described him on the food thread, I don't see that happening

Definitely not. He'd be absolutely furious if I tried to drag him into it! :eek:

Shame, as I think it would be a lot of fun! :o

If your answer to craziest place is in your grandmother'grandmother's bed, and your grandmother is in the audience, I recommend you skip that one. Especially since your wife remembers your mom's bed better :eek: both mom and grandma were in the audience!

They do need to switch this up a bit now -- its been exactly the same each time I have seen it ... the newlywed couple, the mid-range couple, the senior couple . ... alotta the same questions ... and the adorable senior couple always wins ...

Time to inject a little new life into this old show .. getting dull

I 80% agree with this. The point is well taken. I have seen some CD's make some changes, but not enough. Kind of like Quest in that regard. On my last L&M on Freedom the Newleywed couple won, and it was real clear they rehearsed all the answers ahead of time.

Unlike Quest though, What happens at the Love and Marriage doesn't neccesarily stay there, so I will admit we discussed her bra size so I would know that one as well as the strangest place we made whoopie. The Assistant CD accidently gave me one answer. The only new question (this was 2012) for me was, "which of your wife's friends would you like most to be stranded on a dessert island with." I am not sure what I would have said, but they asked the newlywed couple first and when they answered, the announcer said, "No, she said Carrie" That couple didn't know anyone named Carrie, so I realized he was looking at our card. Anyway, it was fun, we did it once, but I wish they would come up with more new questions more often.

We finished 2nd on that one. in our case the winners did get some decent prizes while the other two couples got Champagne. On Allure the winning couple's prizes were pretty impressive.

One last thing about our experience as the middle couple. During the show the older guy would take 10 minutes to answer any question and would give single word answers. Back stage when the men were secluded he would talk your ear off and was full of the greatest stories and really interesting. I guess his wife drug him into the show.

I 80% agree with this. The point is well taken. I have seen some CD's make some changes, but not enough. Kind of like Quest in that regard. On my last L&M on Freedom the Newleywed couple won, and it was real clear they rehearsed all the answers ahead of time.

Unlike Quest though, What happens at the Love and Marriage doesn't neccesarily stay there, so I will admit we discussed her bra size so I would know that one as well as the strangest place we made whoopie. The Assistant CD accidently gave me one answer. The only new question (this was 2012) for me was, "which of your wife's friends would you like most to be stranded on a dessert island with." I am not sure what I would have said, but they asked the newlywed couple first and when they answered, the announcer said, "No, she said Carrie" That couple didn't know anyone named Carrie, so I realized he was looking at our card. Anyway, it was fun, we did it once, but I wish they would come up with more new questions more often.

We finished 2nd on that one. in our case the winners did get some decent prizes while the other two couples got Champagne. On Allure the winning couple's prizes were pretty impressive.

In one of my reviews I had mentioned the same thing. I actually don't stay for the whole show anymore and will watch some of it on tv in the room when it is on. I think the CD's should improvise and come up with some of their own questions rather than going with the same standard questions that is used by every CD on every ship in the fleet. I think they feel that there are many more first time cruisers who have never seen the show than there are repeat cruisers who have seen the shows, so for the all the first timers it is fresh and funny as it was with us the first time we seen it. Even though Quest is basically the same also I still enjoy watching that because it is fun to watch what people will do and the extent to how they do it to get those medals at the end! I think quest is still hilarious! :cool:

We were just on Navigator, the newlywed couple actually won by a long shot, but if they had rehearsed their answers then they were also really good actors. They'd only been together a few months too, so that probably helped them. They won a sheet set from Cariloha.

I think if people are practicing their answers and co-ordinating to make sure they win, it kind of spoils the game. Can't it just be about the fun of playing, instead of a strategic plan to get free stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were just on Navigator, the newlywed couple actually won by a long shot, but if they had rehearsed their answers then they were also really good actors. They'd only been together a few months too, so that probably helped them. They won a sheet set from Cariloha.

I think if people are practicing their answers and co-ordinating to make sure they win, it kind of spoils the game. Can't it just be about the fun of playing, instead of a strategic plan to get free stuff?

You must not be from around here. ;)

Haha, I work at an elementary school so I often have to deal with little kids who think winning at any cost is more important than playing fairly and enjoying the game...

I knew the newlywed couple couple were cheating when they both described her bra as "paisley stick on"

We were in it probably 7 or 8 years ago and actually the questions were a bit different. Had the whoopi one (and my parents were in the audience...good times!:D). But ones about condiments, ....no bra size question....can't remember them all. We actually won....just a bottle of champagne, but it was fun and the whole cruise people talked to us.... Good way to meet people!

Back then we didn't audition. They did a lottery and handed out tickets. I am the outgoing one, DH absolutely did NOT want to do it. But, when they said lottery and a ton of people entered, he agreed, commenting that there was no way we would get picked and he would enter to appease me....I think he was pretty mortified talking about whoopi in front of my parents!

• 2 weeks later...
FI and I will be on the NOS in September for our honeymoon. We are interested in auditioning for the Love and marriage game show.

Does any one know how that works? Any one been in the show?

On our recent LOS sailing they were looking for couples to volunteer on the spot. There were not many competitors either. The audience helped select by applause.

BillOh, I didn't realize you and your lovely bride had done this. I looked at the picture and laughed. My husband said "those are the Ohio people." I hope we found ourselves that cruise if you get picked again. We will be rooting for you guys all the way.

I knew the newlywed couple couple were cheating when they both described her bra as "paisley stick on"

No kidding Bill. My husband asked me what a sticky bra was, so I showed him. He said "but those don't come on colors. " um yeah.