C&A benefits any good?

Just curious, is there any particular reason you are looking to cruise RCL instead of sticking with carnival? Carnival is on my bucket list .thanks. Dan

Carnaval has way too many high-profile mishaps in recent years than Royal. The most high profile being Costa Concordia disaster, then the poop cruise of Carnival Triumph, propulsion issues of Carnival Dream, Carnival Legend, Carnival Elation, and P&O Ventura, all blamed on maintenance issues.

Edited by roquejo

We have a great 10 day out of Venice in November 2016 for $1650 solo. Just got $600 reduction. Plenty of good prices if you look

I agree, we're booking 12 months or more out. Last year we booked 4 Brilliance cruises for Dec. 2015 and Jan. 2016, low prices with OBC from RCI. We just booked the Harmony for Dec. 2016.....great prices with free gratuities from RCI.

The balcony discount you get once hitting Platinum is worthwhile too.

I'd most certainly agree! Last year, we took 4 cruises on Royal Caribbean, and our balcony discounts added up for around $1,000 for the year!

Carnaval has way too many high-profile mishaps in recent years than Royal. The most high profile being Costa Concordia disaster, then the poop cruise of Carnival Triumph, propulsion issues of Carnival Dream, Carnival Legend, Carnival Elation, and P&O Ventura, all blamed on maintenance issues.

We sailed on Princess back in May, and I must agree with the maintenance. While not nearly as serious, they had one of two elevators out of order to our MDR. The laundramat across the hall from us had washers out of order the entire cruise. Another washer down in the starboard hallway. Sort of makes us wonder how much is out of order that we can't see.

I think the bigger ships isn't really cruising if that makes any sense. The smaller ships seems more intimate.

It makes a ton of sense and that's why we've never gone to the bigger ships and stick only to the smaller ships. We love them and will continue to stick with them. The first ship we cruised on was Majesty and we were hooked after that! They aren't as crowded but there is still plenty to do. We've never cruised any other cruise line; suffice it to say we've been happy with RCI and don't plan on leaving them. We've never had a bad experience (well except the drunk college kids in March in Belize but that was the passengers not the cruise line), never had any issues with the website, never had any issues with customer service, and never had any issue when calling in (I always call in directly to C&A in Eugene, OR). You will enjoy the smaller ships!

We have a great 10 day out of Venice in November 2016 for $1650 solo. Just got $600 reduction. Plenty of good prices if you look

If you book as a solo you get an extra C&A point per night, one of the real nice things about Royal. IIRC on Carnival you get 1 free drink(and I think it's now bottled water) until you hit about 24 nights, that's it. As a Gold C&A member I remember a welcome back party, internet discount, a slightly better place to wait for disembarkation and a few other things, not spectacular but it blows Carnival away.

OP, if you do the 3 and 4 day B2B, the onboard loyalty ambassador should be able to get you the gold benefits.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

If you book as a solo you get an extra C&A point per night, one of the real nice things about Royal. IIRC on Carnival you get 1 free drin(and I think it's now bottled water) until you hit about 24 nights, that's it. As a Gold C&A member I remember a welcome back party, internet discount, a slightly better place to wait for disembarkation and a few other things, not spectacular but it blows Carnival away.

OP, if you do the 3 and 4 day B2B, the onboard loyalty ambassador should be able to get you the gold benefits.

Roy

This particular trip ends up with 68 points. It was 70 until all the movements with Majesty and Rhapsody. :(