Dining Room Question re: lunch

mhurley0504

As far as I know, lunch is not served in the MDR. If it's different in the Valor, I'm sorry, but I've never seen lunch there!! Enjoy your cruise!! :)

I know when we cruised in the past prior to them having the sea day buffet, you could get lunch everyday in the MDR. Was hoping it hadn't changed:( My husband eats every meal in there....lol.

I figured that your answer is the correct one, just hoping I was wrong!

Thanks for the info!

The last cruise I remember having lunch in the MDR was September of 2011. Not sure about early in 2012 but I know for sure it was brunch only by September of 2012. There may still be a few special cruises that have the MDR open for lunch but not as a rule (on port days)

I'm pretty sure this was a question John Heald asked on his FB page. His question was along the lines of would you like to be able to eat lunch in MDR everyday? Lots of people said yes, so maybe eventually they'll get back to the way it used to be.

We eat breakfast in the MDR every day. We're not crazy about the buffet on Lido, so we either have Guy's Burger (once each cruise for me) or something from the deli. I also check to see what the soup is at the buffet. Really would enjoy going to MDR for lunch again.

Our HI cruise switched between the brunch and breakfast/lunch menus on sea days. There were at least three days where lunch was served, all had different menus.

Hopefully it'll be the same on our January MR Journeys cruise.

We are going to be the Valor next month. I know that they have brunch in the dining room on sea days. Can anyone tell me if lunch is still served in the dining room during port days?

No lunch in MDR on port days.

We just got off the Glory this morning.

There was Brunch in the MDR aft. On all sea days.

Not sure if this is the norm. on all ships.

image_1.jpg

Hey John Heald was on our cruise the whole week.

Wow he is a funny guy.

Did the Morning Show with CD of the Glory "Mike Pack".

On our first cruise before they started the Seaday Brunch they did offer Lunch in the MDR. But again, that was before brunch started and that was back in 2010. Now that they do the Brunch, I believe they don't have just a lunch menu in the MDR. You can get lunch items on the Brunch menu if you go late enough that you are wanting lunch and not breakfast items.

Also as others have said there's nothing stopping you from going early for breakfast and later for lunch items.

I don't remember lunch being served in the MDR on port days. I did find the Carnival Capers (oh what a flashback!) for my Conquest cruise is April 2009 and on that cruise there was no lunch served in the MDR on port days, only served in the MDR on sea days. I think it was the same on my first Carnival cruise in April 2007.

We missed a port on the Breeze last October & instead of seaday brunch, they offered lunch in the MDR. But all the other seadays, they served brunch. I found other places for lunch on those days besides the Lido, which is a pretty easy thing to do, btw.