How full is the ship

stev5138

• 1 month later...
Even large internet based agencies don't see all available cabins. Only the Carnival reps can see that.

We are sailing Dec 13th - cruising ( kind of) a week before Christmas is probably not prime time. Carnival called me saying they have a super rate. I hope the call tomorrow is good news with a good price on the upgrade of a interior to a balcony! $100 would be awesome.

Edited by glentally

Even large internet based agencies don't see all available cabins. Only the Carnival reps can see that.

Exactly. You can get a bit of an idea, but really only if it's nearly full and cabins are no longer available. Otherwise entire decks can be available, but you'll only see some of the cabins on the booking sites. As you can imagine, this kind of information is not something you want the public and other companies to just be able to tap into.

so Carnival holds back certain cabins from TA's? I never knew that and have always been able to book cabins not listed on the page by calling the TA.

Must be something new.:)

Bill

I'm not sure an accurate reading can be made. Even Carnival doesn't show all available rooms at all times, except for possibly the last week or so before the sail date. I think it's probably rare for Carnival to sail without a full, or mostly full, ship though. If you assume the ship will be very near capacity, you will be right most of the time.

so Carnival holds back certain cabins from TA's? I never knew that and have always been able to book cabins not listed on the page by calling the TA. Must be something new.:)Bill

Cabins aren't held back from being booked, but they are only displayed up to 10 at a time per category. Just like on the Carnival.com website.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Cabins aren't held back from being booked, but they are only displayed up to 10 at a time per category. Just like on the Carnival.com website.

Thank you for the reply. I was questioning post #3

It says only CCL reps can see all the rooms available.

In all the years I have cruised i have never had a TA not book a room I wanted even if it wasn't one of the 10 listed on their website.

Bill