Anyone on the 21 Day Fix Plan?

Oppalopa

Congratulations on success with 21 Day fix. I agree we leave the day after Christmas and hope to lose a s much as possible I plan on bringing my shakes if I get hungry during the day just because you see food everywhere. I plan on having 1 good meal a day where I don't think about the program. On sea days I would like to workout if it's not crowded but for me it's always crowded and I hate that. Port days we usually walk enough to dop 10 pounds, also remember water half your body weight.

I agree, all that walking helps!!

Glad I'm not the only one thinking of the shakes.... I think it's a good idea to have at least ONE healthy meal per day :)

I agree, all that walking helps!!

Glad I'm not the only one thinking of the shakes.... I think it's a good idea to have at least ONE healthy meal per day :)

Though I use a different brand of shake... I couldn't agree more. We bring our shaker cups and magic bullet on every cruise! The kids love their shakes.

Not complicated at all. I've never had anyone fail on the program. Most people are in disbelief that they didn't do it sooner.

Thanks for the info on IF. Here's a link to a pretty comprehensive article on it. I think this may be perfect for me!

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2015/01/30/time-restricted-eating.aspx

Thanks for the info on IF. Here's a link to a pretty comprehensive article on it. I think this may be perfect for me!

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2015/01/30/time-restricted-eating.aspx

Happy to help... in that article you linked to, there is a section on mini-fasting (5:2)... that's what I use. I also use a branded IF system that I order online that I can use with whatever IF protocol I decide on.

How much weight do you need to lose?

Happy to help... in that article you linked to, there is a section on mini-fasting (5:2)... that's what I use. I also use a branded IF system that I order online that I can use with whatever IF protocol I decide on.

40-50 lbs

What is the name of the branded IF system that you keep mentioning?

40-50 lbs

I would suggest the 6:1 to start... then move into the 5:2. The 6:1 is simply 6 days of healthy eating (Oatmeal w. fruit and greek yogurt..... spinach salad with shrimp or chicken and balsamic dressing.... broiled/pan seared fish with veggie stir-fry using just a bit of olive oil or butter (no margarine), salt/pepper or spice). That would be a sample of a day... of course, portion control is key. chicken only needs to be 4-5oz, 1 cup of oatmeal w, 1/2 cup grk yogurt, etc. I'm not against meal replacement shakes BUT you have to be VERY picky as there are only a couple that I would recommend.

The biggest challenge for me was adjusting how I ate. I used to eat till I was full... now, I eat until I'm no longer hungry... BIG DIFFERENCE. When you're hungry, you feel it. When you're no longer hungry, you don't really feel anything... when you're full, you feel it. You shouldn't eat to the point where you actually feel full... just eat till you no longer feel hunger pangs. Eat slow if possible but it you're in a rush and must eat quickly, just eat your portion and then move on... 15 minutes later, you'll no longer feel hungry.

I hope that makes sense...:confused:

When you have your fast days, you should still have SOME nutrients but keep them to liquids and and easily digested solids and in small quantities... chicken broth (no sodium) would be acceptable, raw veggies (like maybe 3-4 baby carrot sticks)... if I had to put it in terms of calories... no more than 400-500 all day.

Your first fast day will likely be tough. I gave in on both of my first two fast days and made an "emergency" spinach salad (just one hand of spinach and one soft boiled egg broken over it...salt/pepper...done..... Best salad ever!! By the third week, my fast day was much easier and continue to be.

When are you hoping to be at your target weight?

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the food containers from 21 Day Fix are now a regular fixture with Beachbody. They are now a part of 3 additional programs. 21 Day Fit Extreme, Cize (it's a dance moves workout) and now The Master's Hammer and Chisel. I just ordered Hammer and Chisel with Shakeology, and have joined an upcoming accountability group to keep me commtted to my goals. This program from what my coach told me is like Body Beast and 21 Day Fix combined! I am so stoked for this!

I would suggest the 6:1 to start... then move into the 5:2. The 6:1 is simply 6 days of healthy eating (Oatmeal w. fruit and greek yogurt..... spinach salad with shrimp or chicken and balsamic dressing.... broiled/pan seared fish with veggie stir-fry using just a bit of olive oil or butter (no margarine), salt/pepper or spice). That would be a sample of a day... of course, portion control is key. chicken only needs to be 4-5oz, 1 cup of oatmeal w, 1/2 cup grk yogurt, etc. I'm not against meal replacement shakes BUT you have to be VERY picky as there are only a couple that I would recommend.

The biggest challenge for me was adjusting how I ate. I used to eat till I was full... now, I eat until I'm no longer hungry... BIG DIFFERENCE. When you're hungry, you feel it. When you're no longer hungry, you don't really feel anything... when you're full, you feel it. You shouldn't eat to the point where you actually feel full... just eat till you no longer feel hunger pangs. Eat slow if possible but it you're in a rush and must eat quickly, just eat your portion and then move on... 15 minutes later, you'll no longer feel hungry.

I hope that makes sense...:confused:

When you have your fast days, you should still have SOME nutrients but keep them to liquids and and easily digested solids and in small quantities... chicken broth (no sodium) would be acceptable, raw veggies (like maybe 3-4 baby carrot sticks)... if I had to put it in terms of calories... no more than 400-500 all day.

Your first fast day will likely be tough. I gave in on both of my first two fast days and made an "emergency" spinach salad (just one hand of spinach and one soft boiled egg broken over it...salt/pepper...done..... Best salad ever!! By the third week, my fast day was much easier and continue to be.

When are you hoping to be at your target weight?

Thank you SO MUCH! I'm going to respond to you on your other thread. I don't want to confuse people who are looking for info on the 21 Day Fix.

Though I use a different brand of shake... I couldn't agree more. We bring our shaker cups and magic bullet on every cruise! The kids love their shakes.

They let you on with a magic bullet?! that is great to hear. I figured it would get confiscated. I'm going to run out and get one before my cruise!!

Thanks for sharing!