Booked a guaranteed inside, can I upgrade to balcony?

usacamaro

Hello All.

I booked a guaranteed inside. The cabin has not been assigned yet. I have decided I would like to get a guaranteed balcony for $100pp more.

Is this possible? Do I have to wait until the room has been assigned to request the upgrade?

Thanks!

If there are rooms available, you should be able to upgrade... as long as you are willing to pay the difference between the current price of the room you want and the amount of money you have paid towards your cruise, so far.

Step away from the computer, and call Carnival directly... if you booked your cruise directly with Carnival. If you booked it through some agency or any other way besides directly with Carnival... contact the company you booked it with.

Someone else can correct me, but as long as you are upgrading they will always allow that.

So, I do not have to wait until the room is assigned? I asked my "personal carnival vacation planner" before I booked and he said I have to wait until the room was assigned. I think he misunderstood my question though.

Someone else can correct me, but as long as you are upgrading they will always allow that.

You are correct. You can always upgrade. If it is after final payment, you can always upgrade. If it is before final payment, you can even downgrade unless you booked Early Saver.

So, I do not have to wait until the room is assigned? I asked my "personal carnival vacation planner" before I booked and he said I have to wait until the room was assigned. I think he misunderstood my question though.

He must have misunderstood. You book a category, not a room per se and you can upgrade to another category at any time as long as that category is available.

Maybe he thought you should wait until your room is assigned just in case you got an upgrade. ;) (Although I don't know if I would want to risk missing out on a good price to upgrade when it sounds like they rarely upgrade for free anymore :p)

Maybe he thought you should wait until your room is assigned just in case you got an upgrade. ;) (Although I don't know if I would want to risk missing out on a good price to upgrade when it sounds like they rarely upgrade for free anymore :p)

This is what he said...

quote.."The price could change, it will be whatever the going rate is at the time of inquiring about the upgrade. It is also possible that my cure team(upgrades) could contact you as well as it gets closer to offer upgrades."

What is a "cure team"?

Hello All.

I booked a guaranteed inside. The cabin has not been assigned yet. I have decided I would like to get a guaranteed balcony for $100pp more.

Is this possible? Do I have to wait until the room has been assigned to request the upgrade?

Thanks!

If you booked through a TA contact them if not the line.

This is what he said...

quote.."The price could change, it will be whatever the going rate is at the time of inquiring about the upgrade. It is also possible that my cure team(upgrades) could contact you as well as it gets closer to offer upgrades."

What is a "cure team"?

I'm so confused.

In your other post, you say you booked directly yourself and that you are embarrassed to tell your PVP.

Now you say that your PVP is possibly giving misinformation regarding this upgrade.

Which is it?

If you booked directly, and your PVP is getting nothing from your booking,,,, why in the world would you still expect help from him?

I'm so confused.

In your other post, you say you booked directly yourself and that you are embarrassed to tell your PVP.

Now you say that your PVP is possibly giving misinformation regarding this upgrade.

Which is it?

If you booked directly, and your PVP is getting nothing from your booking,,,, why in the world would you still expect help from him?

I booked myself via the website. I was speaking via email to the PVP the week prior.

This is what he said...

What is a "cure team"?

Never known upgrades to be other than at the price at the time.

I would do it now, you never ( very very very rarely*) get upgraded from an inside to a balcony. If you were to be upgraded it would be inside to inside. I would say $100 would be a good deal to go from an inside gty to a balcony gty!! Whether its for one person or the whole cabin, I would do it. Just call anyone at the 1-800 # and they will do it for you.

If you're doing a week cruise, $100 extra for a balcony is a great deal.

Do you realize the PVP you talked to won't get credit for your booking since you didn't book through him? Don't call him about this issue since you already stiffed him.

Contact Carnival directly if you booked it on their website.

If you're doing a week cruise, $100 extra for a balcony is a great deal.

Do you realize the PVP you talked to won't get credit for your booking since you didn't book through him? Don't call him about this issue since you already stiffed him.

Contact Carnival directly if you booked it on their website.

agreed