Birthday Celebration on Oasis - Questions

We will be sailing on Oasis in a few weeks! While onboard, my DD will turn 7. I have a couple of quick questions I was hoping a few past Oasis sailors could answer!

1. I have noted DD birthday in our reservation (had to call C&A to get it noted!). We have specialty restaurant reservations the night of her birthday at Giovanni's Table. Should I stop by there on the day of her birthday to remind them its her birthday? I am debating ordering a cake through the RCL website, but it says it will be delivered to the dining room or cabin. I don't want it delivered to cabin as her birthday is midway through the cruise. Will they deliver it Giovanni's?

2. Has anyone purchased any of the cabin decoration packages? It looks like there are new ones (or ones just for Oasis class). Are they worth the extra money? We had the cabin decorated last year on Explorer for her birthday and I felt like I could have bought the same decorations at the dollar store!

TIA for any advice or wisdom!

Don't order a cake -- just tell them at Giovanni's and they'll bring her something special. I was on Freedom last month with friends who were on their honeymoon... as you can see in the best man's blog post, the Chops staff made it special without us saying anything at all: (Cruise Critic messes up the link... add the necessary punctuation and remove the spaces to view the link) www*DOT*royal caribbean blog*DOT*com/2015/06/15/freedom-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-one

I personally would not pay for the decorating... get decorations that she would like (favorite Disney princess or other character, favorite color, etc.) and put them up yourself. Spend the money on something that would REALLY be memorable for her, instead (character event, swimming with dolphins, etc.). If you want to surprise her, make arrangements to have the cabin steward put the decorations up on her actual birthday!

Edited by brillohead
censored blog link

Thanks!! Last year we were on Explorer for her birthday and we had lunch at Johnny Rockets and I brought a special candle that they put on a dessert for her! She loved it! Said it was the best birthday ever!

Thanks!! Last year we were on Explorer for her birthday and we had lunch at Johnny Rockets and I brought a special candle that they put on a dessert for her! She loved it! Said it was the best birthday ever!

See? It's the special/unique little touches that make the biggest impressions!

My birthday is always over spring break week, so I've often celebrated my birthday away from home (turned 13yo on St. Thomas on my first ever cruise). An unexpected little surprise means more than a big huge generic statement any day, IMO!