Norwegian epic

myself959

IF you plan on eating every night at a specialty restaurant you will save money over doing it on an a la carte basis. However, if you are tired after a long hot day in port and just want to grab a quick meal in the buffet or main dining room, it won't be worth it.

We are doing the med cruise with ncl and considering paying the extra for the speciality restaurants has anybody else done this and is it worth paying for thanks

The Epic is our least favorite NCL ship, but that is not your question.

Regarding the specialty restaurants, we did Moderno and Le Bistro on Epic and loved them both.

We enjoy the NCL specialty restaurants. My favorite is Le Bistro, but all the others are excellent. We always eat some of our meals in the MDR and some in the specialty. If you eat at the specialty, you will eat more.

We are doing the med cruise with ncl and considering paying the extra for the speciality restaurants has anybody else done this and is it worth paying for thanks

I went on my first NCL cruise in October. What drew me to NCL was the variety of dining options. I purchased UDP so I could eat in a different specialty restaurant every evening. For me, it was totally worth it as I'm a bit of a foodie so really enjoyed trying different restaurants. My second NCL cruise is in March, and I'm thinking I'll get the six-day dining package (it's a 10-day cruise) so that I'll have the option to eat in one of the MDRs or the buffet if it's been a long day in port. Really, only you can decided if it's worth it. What are your priorities? Do you enjoy trying different types of food? Do you prefer the more intimate atmosphere of the specialty dining venues? Just think about what's important to you and if you'd enjoy trying out the various restaurants or if you want more of a MDR or buffet type of experience.

Yes and Yes. Buy the Dining Package on the NCL website as this will save you some money. We almost always ONLY eat in specialty restaurants on NCL. Tip: Make your reservations online BEFORE you cruise as the restaurants do sell out with the unlimited dining packages that some have received with their cruises.

Is the epic so bad lol

Like anything in this world some people love it others hate it. We are in the love it category. We have been on the Epic 3 times and each time was better than the last. We were sad to see it leave Miami.

Have a great time. Whether it ends up being your favorite or not you are still on a cruise for a week, it is hard not to have fun!!!

We enjoyed our Epic cruise, but the ship always seemed crowded to us. The main pool area was unusable due to the crowds, loud speaker blaring all the time, etc.

Also, the entertainment on the ship was some of the best we have seen, as well as some of the worst (Blue Man Group was awful). We didn't like having to book shows.

We will stick with cruise ship with less than 3000 persons.

We just got home from our Epic Med cruise (Rome) and we ate in specialties every night except one. We are not fans of main dining rooms for any cruise line so we try to limit that. We did Cagney's twice, Le Bistro twice, Teppanyaki, Moderno, and the main dining room once. Our favorite was Cagneys. Well worth the cover charges. Better quality food by far. Didn't care for the MDR food quality at all.

We just cruised on the Epic. Didn't buy the UDP but ate at Cagney's, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki and La Cucina. La Cucina was our least favorite. I highly recommend the other 3. Also, in our opinion there was absolutely nothing wrong with Manhatten. It was quite good. I thought Taste wasn't quite as good as Manhatten. We never had dinner in the buffet.

Hi,

Am on The Epic in a few weeks. Do we need to pre-book the Speciality Dining? Don't like being too organised in advance, but some of the reviews suggest that it's difficult to get a table!!!!

The reviews are correct. If you are particular about what time you want to eat, then you should make reservations. If you want to eat at prime time then make reservations. Nothing ever wrong with being organized.

I did the Epic Med cruise in May and bought the UDP for 7 nights. I like to try different foods and have never been a fan of any MDR's. I thought it was well worth the price and would do it again in a heartbeat. I do suggest that you book the restaurants way ahead of time as they do book up. On our last night on the ship we tried to change restaurants as we had heard that the Italian one wasn't very good. When we called the restaurant we wanted it was only available at 9pm (way to late for us) so we ate in the Italian one and so glad that we did. I thought the meal was excellent.

And I have to say that the ship is laid out very strange and I would probably never cruise on her again. There is no Wow factor at all and it is very bland. Matter of fact when we walked on the ship for the first time I was taken aback as it was so plain and boring. Now I did have a great cruise as I was in Europe but the ship did nothing for me.