Norwegian or Royal Carribean

Renfrewbud

Newly single going on a 4 day cruise to recharge batteries. Does anyone have an opinion on Royal Carribean v Norwegian. Also what should I do about dining options. Really nervous after 31 years find myself as a solo traveller.

Newly single going on a 4 day cruise to recharge batteries. Does anyone have an opinion on Royal Carribean v Norwegian. Also what should I do about dining options. Really nervous after 31 years find myself as a solo traveller.

What 2 ships are you considering?

If you can sail one of Norwegian's larger ships (Breakaway, Getaway, and I believe Epic), there are solo studio cabins, with a solo lounge and a staff member who arranges activities for those traveling solo - not just singles. I met a lot of great people in the solo lounge.

I agree that assigned dining tables make it easier to meet people if there is no solo lounge.

It's Norwegian sky or majesty of the seas

Ah ha. In that case, I recommend Majesty. I've sailed the Sky twice and the Majesty several times. All in all, I like the Majesty better. The rooms, although small, are more comfortable and the service is much better on Majesty. Majesty also has a better and more wide open pool deck, the buffet has a better selection, and the MDR food is better (in my opinion). I also think Coco Cay is better than Great Stirrup Cay.

Where Sky has the advantage over Majesty is specialty restaurants, outdoor seating int he buffet, and the availability of standard balcony rooms.