Splendor or Conquest?

jwalk03

My in laws want to take us and the rest of their children and grandchildren on a cruise next year and I am trying to figure out the best options. So far the two choices I have narrowed it down to are:

Splendor- 6 day- Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan

Conquest- 6 day- Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Amber Cove

Both cruises are the same price and leave on the same date. We have never been on either ship. Thought we have been on two Conquest class ships, (Valor & Freedom) but never on any ship with 2.0 upgrades.

All of the ports would be new to my wife and I except for Cozumel, and they would all be new to all of the others in the group.

Help me decide! Which ports are better? Which ship is better?

Edited by jwalk03

My in laws want to take us and the rest of their children and grandchildren on a cruise next year and I am trying to figure out the best options. So far the two choices I have narrowed it down to are:

Both cruises are the same price and leave on the same date. We have never been on either ship. Thought we have been on two Conquest class ships, (Valor & Freedom) but never on any ship with 2.0 upgrades.

All of the ports would be new to my wife and I except for Cozumel, and they would all be new to all of the others in the group.

Decisions, decisions. They are both nice ships. I love Conquest class ships. Perfect size and not too many people. However, Splendor is newer and a little more tonnage. I've been to those first set of ports too many times, so if it were up to me...I would choose for the itinerary and LOVE HMC...so Conquest would be my decision, for the itinerary.

Good luck. Either one would be a nice cruise. Also..Conquest has the 2.0 upgrades if that would influence your decision...

The only thing about Conquest is that there's no Serenity Deck. Splendor's is limited (because of the larger Cloud 9 spa).

I also prefer Conquest's Fish & Chips, Guys, and Blue Iguana to the food options on Splendor. But I certainly never go hungry on a cruise, even on the pool, little, old Fantasy-class ships.

While I like the Western itinerary, I'd prefer the Eastern. Of course, no one knows about Amber Cove yet, but Half Moon Cay is just paradise. I'm not even a "beach person" and I've booked cruises just to get there again. I'm not a fan of Grand Turk (have been there on the past 5 cruises), but some people really enjoy it. I could do without it. I'd rather go to Cozumel than GT, honestly.

Once I get my Milestone cruise (soon, hopefully), I'll probably migrate to HAL since they call at HMC all the time.

Some people love Splendor. I thought she was OK. I'll be on her again in October to Bermuda and was lucky enough to move from a 1A to a spa balcony because someone on our Roll Call had their cruise buddy cancel and I took her place. It will nice to get to use the Cloud 9 spa.

But I never chose a cruise based on the ship. I base it on itinerary and I'd pick the Conquest cruise for that reason alone. But I wouldn't have any problem going on either one, really! Both have their good points.

Cant go wrong with either ship actually

Were just off Splendor this past Tuesday, had a great time. Beautiful ship.

Rained a little, they close the roof and the party continued. Very Nice huge spa as well.

Very large children area

splendor holds 3006 passengers

Conquest holds 3700 passengers.. may seem more crowded... not sure

The conquest class is very nice. We have sailed Glory- same layout.

If you want the 2.0, then go with Conquest/

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

Conquest for the itin

Splendor for the Tandoor.

Splendor holds 20 more pax and is 3,000GT larger than the Conquest. The deck plans are extremely similar.

Edited by SadieN

Cant go wrong with either ship actually

Were just off Splendor this past Tuesday, had a great time. Beautiful ship.

Rained a little, they close the roof and the party continued. Very Nice huge spa as well.

Very large children area

splendor holds 3006 passengers at normal occupancy and 3734 passengers at full occupancy.

Conquest holds 3700 passengersactually 3756 at full occupancy and 2974 at normal occupancy... may seem more crowded... not sure

The conquest class is very nice. We have sailed Glory- same layout.

If you want the 2.0, then go with Conquest/

Just had to "update" the stats you had listed.

OP, there really isn't much to do in HMC or Grand Turk other than beach/water activities so keep that in mind as whether you want a lot of variety at the ports or not.

Just had to "update" the stats you had listed.

OP, there really isn't much to do in HMC or Grand Turk other than beach/water activities so keep that in mind as whether you want a lot of variety at the ports or not.

Yeah I love beach days, but Amber Cove, Grand Turk, HMC that really is just three beach days, no variety there at all. With Cozumel, Belieze, and Isla Roatan I could at least add a little more variety.

I think you have to decide if you want beach days at port or if you want to take excursions.

The Splendor itinerary has more different options. We've been to Coz too many times so we stayed on the ship last time we were there. There are lots of beach and non-beach activities there. We went cave tubing the first time we were in Belize and had an absolute blast. The second time we went to Mayan ruins. Amazing!!! We went to Mahogany Beach for some relaxation on Roatan.

The Conquest itinerary, in my opinion, is more beachy. GT and HMC are beautiful. Those were our lazy ports-we went to beaches and just relaxed. Have not been to AC yet.

Having sailed both ships, and if both sailings were equal, I'd choose Splendor over Conquest again in a heartbeat.

Have fun researching.