Park N Go FLL rates

lilyhammer

Hi Everyone,

I've seen a lot of people give rave reviews about Park N Go in Fort Lauderdale. Almost all of them mention prepaying for $7.99 a day, but when I go to make a reservation, the prepaid price is now $12 a day, while the pay-at-the-lot rate is $15 a day. Did they raise their prices or did people just have some sort of coupon code in the past?

At these prices, it seems like the advantage vs parking at the port is lessened. I am a little concerned about having to leave my keys at the Park N Go, vs self-parking at the port. Plus it sounds like the port is more "safe" to park at.

Please let me know if I am missing anything. We are staying with my mom and taking her on a cruise, so we will not be staying at a hotel (so please don't recommend that route).

Thanks!

Maybe its high season prices?

I checked late November and its $8.99 a day and when I go into December dates it's $12 a day.

EDIT - $7.99 in months like September so price must vary depending on if its high or low season

Edited by jb456

Oh that's an interesting theory. We are sailing on Allure the week after Thanksgiving (Nov 29th), which has always been super cheap for me (in terms of cruise pricing). Maybe there is something going on that week that has decreased supply or increased demand?

Thanks for checking. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

I did some experimenting and it seems there must be something weird about the Nov 29th date. All the other dates are very consistent. I checked and there are 4 ships at port that day: the Allure of the seas, Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam, Regal Princess. There are 7 ships in the port the week before (Thanksgiving week) but the Park N Go pricing is much lower that week. I have no idea what's going on.

Nov 15-22: $8.99 prepaid or $12

Nov 22-29 (Thanksgiving week): 8.99 prepaid or $12

Nov 29-Dec 6: $12 prepaid of $15

Dec 6 - 13: $8.99 prepaid or $12

Dec 13- 20: $8.99 prepaid or $12

Dec 20-27: $8.99 prepaid or $12

I did some experimenting and it seems there must be something weird about the Nov 29th date. All the other dates are very consistent. I checked and there are 4 ships at port that day: the Allure of the seas, Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam, Regal Princess. There are 7 ships in the port the week before (Thanksgiving week) but the Park N Go pricing is much lower that week. I have no idea what's going on.

Nov 15-22: $8.99 prepaid or $12

Nov 22-29 (Thanksgiving week): 8.99 prepaid or $12

Nov 29-Dec 6: $12 prepaid of $15

Dec 6 - 13: $8.99 prepaid or $12

Dec 13- 20: $8.99 prepaid or $12

Dec 20-27: $8.99 prepaid or $12

I to checked more and it's only when putting in the 29th that it comes to $12 a day.

If you put in 30th to Dec 6th its $8.99 a day.

Here is my suggestion. Give them a call and ask why only when selecting the 29th it comes to $12 a day.

If they give a valid reason... ask if you can book the 29th separately at $12 and then make a second reservation for 30th to Dec 6th at $8.99 a day.

Thats what I would do and if worse case I would still go ahead and book 1 day at $12 then the rest $8.99 and when I get there just tell them I had two reservations. If they gave me hassles doing that I would just complain to manager lol

I have read conflicting info about your car keys.

What is the protocol? Do you keep your keys or do you leave them with Park & Go?

When we used them here was the process that we went through.( Maybe there is a vip section or something where you can keep your keys but I don't know about that)

We pulled in, greeted with a smile and provided our reservation. The employee placed a number on our car dash, handed us some papers including a yellow receipt that you must use to get on the shuttle after the cruise.

They directed us to drive ahead and park under these tents. Once parked at the tent before even turning off the car, greeted again by friendly workers, our trunk was already open and employees were already taking out our luggage.

We were told to leave keys in ignition and to walk literally 15 steps onto the shuttle. Bags were on shuttle and off we went to the cruise.

On return, exiting the cruise terminal got back on the shuttle, greeted again with a smile and asked how our trip went (very friendly), driven back to park n go and I presume they use the numbers on the receipt that match the number on your car dash to know where your parked but they simply drove down each row or cars, stopped at each persons car, got the bags outs and wished you farewell.

Car doors unlocked and keys were laying on seat.

Then you drive up to the exit, hand in the papers and pay before leaving. Do drive slow as right where you pay on the right hand side is some kind of animal thing or maybe there just wild monkeys but you will see monkeys walking between the cars and on the fences lol

Edited by jb456

When we used them here was the process that we went through.( Maybe there is a vip section or something where you can keep your keys but I don't know about that)

We pulled in, greeted with a smile and provided our reservation. The employee placed a number on our car dash, handed us some papers including a yellow receipt that you must use to get on the shuttle after the cruise.

They directed us to drive ahead and park under these tents. Once parked at the tent before even turning off the car, greeted again by friendly workers, our trunk was already open and employees were already taking out our luggage.

We were told to leave keys in ignition and to walk literally 15 steps onto the shuttle. Bags were on shuttle and off we went to the cruise.

On return, exiting the cruise terminal got back on the shuttle, greeted again with a smile and asked how our trip went (very friendly), driven back to park n go and I presume they use the numbers on the receipt that match the number on your car dash to know where your parked but they simply drove down each row or cars, stopped at each persons car, got the bags outs and wished you farewell.

Car doors unlocked and keys were laying on seat.

Then you drive up to the exit, hand in the papers and pay before leaving. Do drive slow as right where you pay on the right hand side is some kind of animal thing or maybe there just wild monkeys but you will see monkeys walking between the cars and on the fences lol

Thank you so much for this detailed information. Sounds like an efficiently run business. One more question: You said you paid as you were exiting. You didn't prepay? I thought the cheaper rate was for pre-pay?

Thanks

Thank you so much for this detailed information. Sounds like an efficiently run business. One more question: You said you paid as you were exiting. You didn't prepay? I thought the cheaper rate was for pre-pay?

Thanks

Sorry about that I should have mentioned we are from Canada. We have a vacation home in Florida but our car that we leave there has a Canadian license plate.

The parkngo website is not set up for Canadians to enter Canadian license plates or even a Canadian address for the credit card payment. We had to call parkngo and explain this to them that we could not get the prepay rate because there was no place in their system for Canadian information.

The employee did the reservation manually at the discount online rate and sent the reservation via email which we printed out. The whole process was the same except at the end we had to pay before leaving as their website is not set up for Canadians. lol

In your case I gather you just go to the exit, hand in your paper showing you prepaid and off you go :D

Edited by jb456

Sorry about that I should have mentioned we are from Canada. We have a vacation home in Florida but our car that we leave there has a Canadian license plate.

The parkngo website is not set up for Canadians to enter Canadian license plates or even a Canadian address for the credit card payment. We had to call parkngo and explain this to them that we could not get the prepay rate because there was no place in their system for Canadian information.

The employee did the reservation manually at the discount online rate and sent the reservation via email which we printed out. The whole process was the same except at the end we had to pay before leaving as their website is not set up for Canadians. lol

In your case I gather you just go to the exit, hand in your paper showing you prepaid and off you go :D

Your info is appreciated. Should be helpful to others from Canada to get the cheaper rate.

Do you tip the drivers of the shuttle. Seems like they would deserve as much if not more than the porters at the port.

We use them every time we sail out of Ft. Lauderdale. At first I was hesitant about leaving them the car keys, but I have never had a problem at the lot so no longer a worry. I worried whether the shuttle for the return trip would run early as we were doing self-debark...no problem there either. In the area you wait for the shuttles we saw people waiting for another company that had been waiting much longer; the shuttles run continuously. And they give you a free bottle of water when you check out at the end!

At $8.99 it's a good deal. During the time that it is $12 it isn't worth the hassle, as the official port parking is only $15/day.

It's worth mentioning that there are discounts (e.g. AAA) from the $12 rate but you must ask for the discount. They don't advertise them or even give them off the prepaid rate.

If you are worried about your car. Well don't, I tournament fish in south Florida every winter. For me getting to do this, I must take my wife on a cruise each January. I leave all my tournament fishing poles and tackle in my truck. I have done time for 5 years, my equipment has never been bothered. As said before they deliver you back to your car and away you go.

You may be there 15 minutes before the cruise and 15 after the cruise. Great Service

The positive reviews of Park & Go are indeed very encouraging.

I looked at the website and notice you must enter the time of arrival and time of departure. The time of arriving is controllable but departure time is not.

Are the times you enter locked in or is there flexibility?

The positive reviews of Park & Go are indeed very encouraging.

I looked at the website and notice you must enter the time of arrival and time of departure. The time of arriving is controllable but departure time is not.

Are the times you enter locked in or is there flexibility?

Flexibility. Just match the arrival time so the system sees it as a "full" 24 hours. They charge $2 extra each hour so if you put 12pm arrive to 2pm depart it's $4 more.

We simply left the default in place 12pm to 12pm. Honestly though I never seen them check once if our times were right they deal with cruises each day so I am sure they are aware that departure is not controllable.

Edited by jb456