Getaway pools

plunker

I am doing as much research as I can before I possibly book a cruise on the Getaway. So if I am correct there in only 1 main pool and kids are not allowed in it but there is a small kids pool as well? I have looked at hundreds of photos of the Getaway and the main pool looks like a madhouse with people packed in everywhere. I have seen pics of i think 4 hot tubs by the main pool as well. Are kids allowed in these? Our kids love to hang out in the pool and hot tubs all day and watch MUTS as we have only cruised Princess before. So for those of you that have been on the Getaway is it usually packed by the main pool? Thanks

We were on the Getaway June 6-13 and while it was crowded AROUND the pool, not many people were actually IN the pool. Yes, it is adults only and there is a separate kids pool that was rarely used that you could swim in if you wanted. There are 4 hot tubs in the main pool area with 2 of them being designated as adults only. These were often crowded, but we did find a few times to go in them with only 3 or 4 other people

How deep is the Kids pool? I'm getting worried now about my kids. They actually like to swim, so a shallow kids pool won't work for them but if they aren't allowed in the main pool where do they go? Can anyone who has sailed with preteen/teenagers let me know how it went for them? Thanks!

How deep is the Kids pool? I'm getting worried now about my kids. They actually like to swim, so a shallow kids pool won't work for them but if they aren't allowed in the main pool where do they go? Can anyone who has sailed with preteen/teenagers let me know how it went for them? Thanks!

It's like normal pool depth, if that makes sense. It's not a kiddie pool. At 11, my son also loves to swim, but he ended up only spending minutes in the pool because he was always busy doing slides. Here are the pools, although these pics might be from Breakaway. Same thing.

Adult/main pool:

os-pictures-norwegian-cruise-lines-newest-brea-034_zpst60ppu5q.jpg

Family pool:

ncl-breakaway_zpsmmrho6ii.jpg

The slides on Getaway are amazing. They are exciting, even for adults. I never saw a kids pool on the ship though. There is definitely a kids aqua park area - maybe that is the kids pool?

As to the main pool, yes it is a madhouse with people standing elbow to elbow in the pool, sitting in chairs on the apron of the pool and all around the pool in loungers. The other place that is mad busy and chaotic is the buffet. I'm not really sure why it is so chaotic but it reminded me of the National Lampoon Family Christmas Vacation movie where Chevy Chase gets up in the morning and starts to head into the dining room for breakfast, sees what's going on in there and makes a quick retreat only to look out the front window and see Cousin Eddy emptying his chemical toilet from his RV into the rain sewer. LOL! Fortunately we were in a The Haven Spa Suite, so the Haven is where we hung out on this ship and in the fabulous spa which was very serene. But I must admit I took my husband to the buffet just to see what it was like! I've never seen anything like that before on a cruise ship. Thank God I've never had to work in such an environment and I've got to hand it to the crew for keeping it together in there. The rest of the ship is much more calm and relaxing. We really enjoyed our cruise on this ship - the rest of it was awesome, but we never spend time by the main pool and we almost never eat in the ship's buffet so although these areas were crazy busy, it didn't impact our vacation at all.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

The slides on Getaway are amazing. They are exciting, even for adults. I never saw a kids pool on the ship though. There is definitely a kids aqua park area - maybe that is the kids pool?

If you look a couple posts above yours, you can see a picture of the family pool. :)

• 1 month later...