Mariner of the seas October

hello, can anyone give me a little information oforthe back to back cruise from Singapore on October 29th on the ultimate drinks package. I have looked on the webpage and they charge £32.75 pp per day and I would like to know how this teams up with the charge on board. I'm trying to work out if we would really drink £917 for the 2 of us. Does anyone know what the prices are on board as a package and as individual drinks price list, and are they charged in dollars on board? I thank you in advance:)

I don't know what the current pricing is, but when we did our Mariner cruise in March, the drink packages were cheaper than what the website shows. It wasn't $65, it was more like 50-55, including gratuity. I forget exactly but I do remember it being lower.

It will be charged in U.S. Dollars on board. If you pay it ahead of time through the website, you pay in whatever currency your cruise was booked in.

The price online you're seeing, is that on the site in general, or when you log in to your cruise planner? When I logged in to our planner I saw the lower rate, even though the website in general showed the price of ~$65

I don't know what the current pricing is, but when we did our Mariner cruise in March, the drink packages were cheaper than what the website shows. It wasn't $65, it was more like 50-55, including gratuity. I forget exactly but I do remember it being lower.

It will be charged in U.S. Dollars on board. If you pay it ahead of time through the website, you pay in whatever currency your cruise was booked in.

The price online you're seeing, is that on the site in general, or when you log in to your cruise planner? When I logged in to our planner I saw the lower rate, even though the website in general showed the price of ~$65

The Premium package would have been $56.35 per day back in March.

The Premium package would have been $56.35 per day back in March.

Thank you I think I'll wait and buy on board. Am I correct in thinking that you are allowed 2 bottles of wine to bring on board to drink in your cabin?

Did you enjoy the cruise. Was the entertainment good? I hope you don't mind me asking you:)

Thank you I think I'll wait and buy on board. Am I correct in thinking that you are allowed 2 bottles of wine to bring on board to drink in your cabin?...

Yes, you are allowed two bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom. You can take the bottle anywhere on the ship (including your stateroom) with no corkage fees.

The Premium packages would have been $56.35 per day back in March.

It was up to $64-something by then. can't remember the exact prices, but the prices in our cruise planner were definitely lower than the price in the generic info section of the website. I checked a week before our cruise in the planner, saw the prices, logged out and checked the prices on the website and they were different for sure.

I posted about it on our roll call, I'll see if I can find the numbers.

Found the post I made with the exact prices. It was the Select package I was looking at for myself, I didn't post the prices for the Premium, but the difference was similar. I remember noting it, but didn't talk about it online, so I don't remember exactly what it was.

I see the Select package on the cruise planner at $26 per day, the info on the website in general says $35.

I posted that on our roll call on Feb 28th. The price on board Mariner on March 11th was the same ($26), that's the package I bought. No idea what it will be exactly right now of course, but there is evidence that things are priced differently on Asian cruises.

Also for note - wine in Singapore is not as cheap as elsewhere. The "sin taxes" in Singapore (alcohol, tobacco, etc) are very high. Bringing wine onboard in your carryon is not as good a deal as in other ports.

hello, can anyone give me a little information oforthe back to back cruise from Singapore on October 29th on the ultimate drinks package. I have looked on the webpage and they charge £32.75 pp per day and I would like to know how this teams up with the charge on board. I'm trying to work out if we would really drink £917 for the 2 of us. Does anyone know what the prices are on board as a package and as individual drinks price list, and are they charged in dollars on board? I thank you in advance:)

I bought drinks package on our last RCC. Found it cheaper to buy online before cruising. Drinks on board average $6-8 plus 15% service charge, even on specialty coffees etc. I thought ultimate package well worth the money and suggest buying. We have already purchased ours for Mariner of the Seas 7th October.

We were on Mariner March 22-30. The prices for Asian itineraries are significantly lower. Ultimate package was $42/day. We weren't even allowed to prepay online beforehand. There was some sort of error message, which I believe was in place because our price was different.

• 2 weeks later...

Cruised Asia in January and cost of wine by glass was $7.50 plus 15% tax on every drink. Tried to book for cruise on October 7th several times but ultimate package did not show. Then suddenly tried again one Sunday and there it was. So I suggest you keep trying. You could always phone RCC and ask for the package. It could be they removed it but will sell package before boarding the ship. Maybe at a higher price though than online. Good luck.

Cruised Asia in January and cost of wine by glass was $7.50 plus 15% tax on every drink. Tried to book for cruise on October 7th several times but ultimate package did not show. Then suddenly tried again one Sunday and there it was. So I suggest you keep trying. You could always phone RCC and ask for the package. It could be they removed it but will sell package before boarding the ship. Maybe at a higher price though than online. Good luck.

Thanks, I actually wanted to get the Premium package but it is not available, only the Ultimate and Select package. I did call RCC and was told they may add the Premium Package later otherwise I may enquiry for it once on board. I had taken the Select package which included taxes and gratuities and I suppose the additional 15% tax is no longer added ;) hope it is so :D

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if there are free shuttles from ship in Phu My and Laem Chabang and where the drop off sites are?

We disembarked Legend two weeks ago and visited both these ports, no free shuttles as far as I know as Ho Chi Min City and Bangkok are quite a distance from the port. We did not get off the ship at Phu My as have been there before, but for Bangkok we arranged a private transfer with two other couples and it was very reasonable, $50 per couple round trip and it is nearly a 2 hour drive. We were back-to-back so when we visited Laem Chabang again on the following cruise we took a taxi to Pattaya and it was very cheap, I think about $15 a couple round trip, there were 6 of us.

Does anyone know if there are free shuttles from ship in Phu My and Laem Chabang and where the drop off sites are?

No free shuttle in Phu My in March. The shore excursion offerings on line before the cruise were pretty slim, our roll call group ended up booking a private shuttle. Then, on board, RCI offered a DIY Ho Chi Minh, I forget how much. Just a ride to and from Ho Chi Minh. But there is NOTHING to do at or near the port. It's an industrial port. There were taxis waiting when we got off, but the language barrier would make me nervous about just hiring someone on the spot. I would worry finding someone to bring you back might be a concern. It is a long way from HCMC to the port.

Hello,

Going on Mariner for the 22nd sailing and was wondering can you bring a 12 pack of water on board on the first day...instead of 2 bottle of wines per stateroom?

Lastly, if you don't buy the replenish drink package and see your bill is adding up can you purchase the package and have all the individual charges cancelled out?

Thanks

Hello,

Going on Mariner for the 22nd sailing and was wondering can you bring a 12 pack of water on board on the first day...instead of 2 bottle of wines per stateroom?

Lastly, if you don't buy the replenish drink package and see your bill is adding up can you purchase the package and have all the individual charges cancelled out?

Thanks

No, they will not cancel out drink costs purchased prior to purchasing an unlimited package.