Whitewall??

ZachMary

Well..if the plexiglass isn't covered by salt spray! It's seldom clear!

I guess it depends on what deck you are on and how rough the seas are!

There are plenty of photo's online of plexiglass balconies that are clear enough to see through whilst people are at sea, and it's not like they can send CM's out there to clean them on sea days either!

A plus point is that unless that plexiglass were there, you would be getting the sea spray on you, so two sides to a coin/glass half empty and all of that!

ex techie

How do you know which your balcony room has? It is based on ship/deck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's based on both. Obviously there is the smaller Magic Class and then there is the larger Dream Class.

If your Stateroom is side facing, then it most likely has plexiglass, if it is at the far Stern (rear of the ship) then probably a whitewall.

And there are some that have the half and half, or partially obstructed/whitewall and part plexiglass, Navigators verandahs etc.

You can look up reviews based upon your Stateroom number on Google and look for images.

ex techie

Thanks! So the photos online of our room (Disney Fantasy, rooms 8118 and 8120) seem to be the "stock" photos that DCL uses on their site, which does have the plexiglass.

Where did you find the ship photos you posted above? Id like to confirm I have plexiglass- I [emoji173]️ having that ocean view from my room, as uninterrupted as possible. Thank you!

Absolutely. The DCL website gives a representation. That is all. And then there are descriptions to describe if there is an obstruction, such as a Navigators Verandah, or whitewall, which is the ships superstructure etc.

That dictates the "class" for a better word of the Stateroom.

Google reviews for your Stateroom for both the Dream and Fantasy.

They are built virtually identically from the outside.

ex techie

Once and once only!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=8118

Edited by Ex techie

Thanks! So the photos online of our room (Disney Fantasy, rooms 8118 and 8120) seem to be the "stock" photos that DCL uses on their site, which does have the plexiglass.

Where did you find the ship photos you posted above? Id like to confirm I have plexiglass- I [emoji173]️ having that ocean view from my room, as uninterrupted as possible. Thank you!

It probably doesn't help much but we were in 8520 and had the plexiglass

Also, there are rooms on the Magic/Wonder that are classified as "Navigator's verandah" for purposes of price (cat 7) but are really plexiglass balcony with minimal obstructions. We stayed in one of these on the Magic and the obstruction was truly minimal--it was there when you looked for it, but certainly did not interfere with our enjoyment of the balcony in any way. I have read that a "partial obstruction" on the newer ships may be a much bigger issue. These cabins only sleep 3 people....not for any reason relating to the obstruction. If they suit your family size, they are a good bargain.