Water Parks at sea

davy jones

Silly question....I think I know the answer, but I want to verify

Salt water....or Fresh water?

The water is pulled in from the ocean, filtered, and used in the pools, drinking water, for cooking, etc...

Ok, on the Breeze in April the water park was "fresh" water with something to keep it clean, it was not chlorinated like a pool but could foam if agitated and had a funny taste, not like drinking water. But clearly cleaned or treated water.

Then...On the last day of the cruise while we were in the port of Nassau, the water park was pure cold (way colder than the previous days) salt water. Don't know if they were cleaning/purging the system or what but it was as cold and salty as the pool water. so much so my DD and I only rode a few slides as this water stung the eyes.

On ships with waterworks, the pools are saltwater, but the waterworks is fresh water. The slides, bucket dump, sprays, are all fresh water. At least they have been on Magic and Breeze in the past. :D:D

Thank you for the info. For some reason, I just assumed that it would be salty, like the pool water. I learned something today. :)

Thank you for the info. For some reason, I just assumed that it would be salty, like the pool water. I learned something today. :)

Yes it's fresh. But I still wouldnt drink it. No matter how filtered it is, there will always be sodium/salt in it. EVERY cruise I go on, my feet swell up BIG time. I drink the bottled water, but you're still breathing in salt air, plus they cook with the filtered water, as well as for coffee/tea/ice, etc...

The drinking water is desalinated.....the pool water is simply filtered so there aren't any sea creatures swimming with you!

Drinking water is also pumped onshore in some ports.