Is This HAL Koningsdam Cruise Expensive

I notice that having gone up $800 each for Ex4, its now gone up another $750each. New price (incl. Ex4) for balcony is $7498. . Thank goodness we booked a couple of weeks ago, as it definitely seems expensive now. It must be selling well.

Oz, This is from my 2014 diary, when we travelled from Rome to St Pete's and back to Copenhagen, then home to NSW.

"First to Nothe Fort (built from 1860-1872). In my head, I was calling it Noth fort, but the man at the entrance said it was pronounced like nose, but with a "th". He said it was from the old Anglo-Saxon.

Three levels of fortifications, air raid shelters and even a nuclear shelter. Cannons to defend the fort. Weymouth was heavily bombed during WWII.

We walked along the Esplanade and saw the ANZAC memorial. The houses are very quaint and well kept.

I had read that a cannon is fired as a farewell from the port to cruise ships, but didn't think they would fire it at 11pm, but a volunteer at the fort pointed out two cannons to us and said they would be used tonight, they just had to be moved. We thought she meant up on a rise.

Getting ready for bed as we were leaving the dock, my husband heard a noise and we went out on the verandah. There were soldiers in (old) uniforms with an officer hollering orders and a bugler and band and they let go two shots from each cannon. It was wonderful and people were hanging out over balconies, clapping.

What a clever touristy thing to do. And all done by volunteers."

Enjoy your trip! We would it again in a flash.