Anniversary party on Summit?

Rhayne

In 2013 my BF and I were on the Summit in late July and it happened to coincide with our anniversary. We were invited to a party in the Revelations lounge for couples who were celebrating an anniversary. There were drinks and light snacks as well as a lovely cake. Last year (2014) we were on the cruise at the same time and there was no party invite. Did they stop doing the little party or does it depend on how many people register their anniversaries?

Hello Rhayne,

As far as I know they still hold them but the question is if it was registered.

When you make the booking ask them to add in a note that it is your anniversary during the cruise.

A small tell to know if they do their job right is if they ask you what date and how many years you have been together ;)

Good luck on your next cruise :)

We are headed on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda August 2nd from NJ and will be celebrating our anniversary on the cruise. I called with some other questions last night and they asked me if I will be celebrating any special occasions. When I said yes they asked, What - Anniversary, how many years, and which night I would be celebrating that.

Hmm, wonder what they will do?!?!

My parents were celebrating their 70th. They had a small cake and champagne bought to their room and were congratulated, was a very nice gesture. We are only at 47years. Figure we will celebrate at 50 seems to be a nice milestone. Happy Anniversary:D

I just realized that our reservation doesn't have our anniversary listed. We have select dining so we can choose each day when we want to eat instead of being on a schedule. I know last year when we made the reservation there was a place to add special occasions. Is there nowhere to add it now that we've already booked? We booked directly from Celebrity so I do not have a TA to call and ask.

I just realized that our reservation doesn't have our anniversary listed. We have select dining so we can choose each day when we want to eat instead of being on a schedule. I know last year when we made the reservation there was a place to add special occasions. Is there nowhere to add it now that we've already booked? We booked directly from Celebrity so I do not have a TA to call and ask.

Scroll down to where it says dining preferences. There should be

an "edit" in light blue. Click on it.

Scroll down to the special occasions section and add your celebration.

That is it!:D

Scroll down to where it says dining preferences. There should be

an "edit" in light blue. Click on it.

Scroll down to the special occasions section and add your celebration.

That is it!:D

Hooray! I have no idea how i was missing it. Thank you so much.

Smal tip for the future. When you call or email Celebritys service desk you can ofcourse ask them to do similar things :)

My parents were celebrating their 70th. They had a small cake and champagne bought to their room and were congratulated, was a very nice gesture. We are only at 47years. Figure we will celebrate at 50 seems to be a nice milestone. Happy Anniversary:D

Same recognition for us earlier this year on the Connie. (33 wonderful years!)

We sailed the Summit for our 25th three summers ago. We splurged on the RS for this special celebration and during the booking process the agent asked if we would be celebrating any occasion. The night of our anniversary we came back to our suite to retire for the evening and found a bottle of champagne, a small cake and a small bouquet of flowers with a lovely note from the hotel manager. It was a nice touch to add to a memorable cruise!

A word of caution, just because you indicate on reservation special event, do not expect anything. While yes they do try to recognize those comments, these boards are full of disappointed people who just checked the boxes and did not get anything. Sometimes they miss and forget.

I had friends who actually prepaid for the anniversary package (cabin decor, rose petals etc.) and chose a date, and X didn't deliver it. The one who organized went to guest services who apologized and set it up on a subsequent day.

Once on board, if getting a cake or something at dinner is important to you, speak to the Mairre d to ensure you are not disappointed or ask at guest services.

I've sailed 2 times over my birthday, had indicated birthday as an event (and they know my DOB) and got nothing. No harm no foul, but just know recognition isn't necessarily automatic.

Edited by cle-guy

Next year we're celebrating our 20th and have booked a Mediterranean cruise - a new experience for us. Our cruise ends in mid-June, but our anniversary is later in the month. Can we still have it "recognized" during the cruise?