Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to Miami port

Beth

There were 5 in our party and it was cheaper for us to hire a driver from the shuttle place. They picked us up in a beautiful new SUV and took us to Miami. It was $95 and he was very informative with tips of things for us to do when we returned from our cruise. We had originally thought we'd take a shuttle, but the lady at the desk was nice enough to suggest this for us and we didn't have to wait on the shuttle. The driver was there waiting for us.

There are around 3 providers that you'll see mentioned frequently if you were to ask this over on the FL departure boards. SAS is one. QLS is another -- we used them and they were fantastic. We'd use them again in a heartbeat. Great service.

http://qualitylimoservice.com/

Another vote for QLS. Used them twice and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

I have used SAS twice. One time was great and one time I felt stressed out over the driver. When you are given a time - they should stick to it and changing it multiple times - that's not good imo.

The driver worried the crap out of me by texting several times the night before and changed my pick up time twice. Day of cruise - he started texting me 30 minutes early because they were over booked and had me to pick up 1st but logistically I should have been 2nd. So he needed to pick me up earlier than agreed upon.

So I say the experience - it's the driver you get. That driver said he was gonna get fired for being late when they booked the route - not him.

Good luck.

What hotel are you staying at pre-cruise? :confused: Most of the shuttle companies list the hotels they pick up at on their web pages - saving you a trip back to the FLL airport just to catch a shuttle.

I would also check with Go Airport (based at the FLL airport) who offer both shared shuttle and private car service.

Shared shuttle service fares start at about $15 per person for the 45+ minute trip. A taxi on the meter will run about $75-80+tip. Private car service was $90+ the last time I checked.

Last year we used JR Shuttle and they were great! So much so that our travel agent is now using them instead of the service she use to use!

We found JR Shuttle thanks to other CC cruisers and would definitely use them again.

We used MJS Transportation and highly recommend them. They stayed in constant contact with us. We received an email from them the day before we arrived and a cell phone call after we arrived. There were 7 in our group and the rate came out to $13.00 per person from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to our hotel in downtown Miami.

I have used SAS twice. One time was great and one time I felt stressed out over the driver. When you are given a time - they should stick to it and changing it multiple times - that's not good imo.

The driver worried the crap out of me by texting several times the night before and changed my pick up time twice. Day of cruise - he started texting me 30 minutes early because they were over booked and had me to pick up 1st but logistically I should have been 2nd. So he needed to pick me up earlier than agreed upon.

So I say the experience - it's the driver you get. That driver said he was gonna get fired for being late when they booked the route - not him.

Good luck.

Our driver called the morning of pickup and wanted to get us like an hour early. I was hesitant as that would get us to the dock way too early but turned out to be a good thing. The shuttle was FULL and since we were first, we had no problem finding seats!

I filled in the online booking form this week and within 24 hours I had an email from SAS confirming pick up time and cost of $15 each. This is from FL hotel to POM. We have also used QLS from Miami Int to FL hotel but van was old and scruffy. We would have preferred to use SAS but they don't have a permit to pick up at MIA.