POA leaving Aug 29 can you see lava flow

fedexretiree

As of right now no lava is flowing into the ocean which would be the only time that you would see any activity from the ship. Lava is flowing on land but that changes often. POA hasn't done a lava sailby in years.

As far as Na Pali coast. Initially the port side is the side for viewing. You'll start seeing the coast around 4 - 4:30 for about an hour to 1 1/2 hours depending on how slow the Captain goes. When the ship gets near the end of the coast he will turn the ship around and head to Honolulu. After the turn around he's not nearly as close to shore and he travels at a faster cruising speed.

Port side for Na Pali even though you don't get there for a few hours, it is scenic sailing until you get there. :) I always have binoculars, which really enhance the trip.

IF you happen to get lucky and have a lava look, from the ship, it will be starboard side. I didn't realize how lucky I was on my first 2 trips, which had a roaring lava show, around 10 years ago?, and the ability to get a close up look with a walk from the end of the Chain of Craters Road. :) Have gone about 15 more times with no repeat.