Pope and New York Precruise Help

busyone

We are booked on the Splendor and are flying into JFK on Thursday with 8:30 AM arrival. Our plans for Thursday should not be impacted by the Pope's visit because we should be in Manhattan by 10:30 A.M. to drop luggage at hotel and have a tour of Central Park scheduled for the afternoon and Broadway show for Thursday night. My problem is with what to do on Friday. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza at Times Square and originally planned to do the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island first thing Friday morning with lunch after Ellis Island and visit to WTC after that. That no longer sounds like a good plan because we would probably be returning from Ellis Island at around the time the service is planned at WTC. We also have two-day Hop On Hop Off tickets with night tour for Friday evening. My Saturday plan had been to do Top of the Rock, perhaps one of museums, Brooklyn Loop Tour on Hop On Hop Off and visit to Intrepid. Any suggestions about reworking my plan to see as much as possible on Friday while the Pope is in town.

We are booked on the Splendor and are flying into JFK on Thursday with 8:30 AM arrival. Our plans for Thursday should not be impacted by the Pope's visit because we should be in Manhattan by 10:30 A.M. to drop luggage at hotel and have a tour of Central Park scheduled for the afternoon and Broadway show for Thursday night. My problem is with what to do on Friday. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza at Times Square and originally planned to do the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island first thing Friday morning with lunch after Ellis Island and visit to WTC after that. That no longer sounds like a good plan because we would probably be returning from Ellis Island at around the time the service is planned at WTC. We also have two-day Hop On Hop Off tickets with night tour for Friday evening. My Saturday plan had been to do Top of the Rock, perhaps one of museums, Brooklyn Loop Tour on Hop On Hop Off and visit to Intrepid. Any suggestions about reworking my plan to see as much as possible on Friday while the Pope is in town.

The SOL ferry is basically at South Ferry in Manhattan, which is a good 10 minute walk from the WTC, so there is no need to get involved with the WTC when you get back from the SOL. You should be able to just take the #1 or R subway to escape the area into midtown. Perhaps you could just swap the WTC and the Top of the Rock. Visiting the WTC first thing on a Saturday will be a lot saner on a non-weekday, and could be more compatible with your Brooklyn Loop Tour plan.