Ryndam Coffee

philsuarez

On board today. Best cruise ship burger ever on board but coffee seems a disaster. Went to Explorers and cappuccino was from an automatic machine and tasted vile. They make decaf in what appears to be a proper coffee machine. Also no waiter service and had run out of cups so had to have paper ones. My wife loves decent coffee so help where else on board will feed her addiction?

On board today. Best cruise ship burger ever on board but coffee seems a disaster. Went to Explorers and cappuccino was from an automatic machine and tasted vile. They make decaf in what appears to be a proper coffee machine. Also no waiter service and had run out of cups so had to have paper ones. My wife loves decent coffee so help where else on board will feed her addiction?

Was on Ryndam a few weeks ago, for 3 weeks. Only coffee I could drink was

Sanka instant coffee made by Maxwell House. It is in an orange coloured individual serving packet. It seems to be only available from ocean view restaurant (or whatever it was called). I did try asking for it in MDR which took an inordantly long time. So at breakfast I used to take a supply for what I needed for the day and just carried them with me whenever I went to eat. They did run out of it now and again so you have to ask. Usually some was found for us.

Good luck. Hapicruisin

Make friends with the barista(s) at Explorations. They will work with you to find the perfect cup of coffee. If you like strong, I start with 2 shots espresso with just enough water added to fill 2/3 of one of the shorter cups. Then we fine-tune it, based on the results. Good luck! I hope the coffee experience improves for you.

Just disembarked the Ryndam. I have to agree that the coffee is terrible. I found the Lido and dining room coffees awful.

Room Service coffee was better than both.

Explorations had decent coffee. The paper cups were due to the previous Norovirus issue on the Ryndam.

On the last full day the Lido brought out a dispenser with "strong coffee". It was better than the regular Lido coffee but still not great. Not sure why they waited til the last day to serve it.

If you want your typical Italian coffee, similar to that highjacked by Starbucks you will always be disappointed. We always take instant coffee sachets although not quite the same, it is always a cut above what's available aboard.

So I guess now as well as taking my own teabags ( on a different thread) I will have to take my own coffee too....

LOL, the problem with brewing tea is getting boiling water. Only hot water available unless you wait for someone to get for you from behind the scene. Too much hassle for me, so I drink my own coffee.

Having a lovely time but only decent coffee to be had appears to be MDR which whilst not perfect is at least brewed fresh. Very strange as speciality coffee must be a good revenue stream and frankly what they are serving in paper cups is not up to scratch. Have been talking with some of the shop and entertainment staff and it would appear that this is a common moan amongst the crew. Unusually in Norway which is very expensive they all go ashore to fine a decent coffee!

Edited by philsuarez