Dress code for Broken Ankle?

jfried8

My husband and I wear shorts on non formal nights all the time. They are nicer shorts, not like gym shorts. My husband wears khaki or other color dress/golf shorts almost every night. That's pretty much all he owns other than gyms shorts. I wear knee length dress shorts almost every night.

As far as formal night, just wear golf shorts and a nice shirt. I think once everyone sees you are in a cast they will understand. If they would try to stop you, just kindly and calmly explain that you are unable to wear pants due to your cast and you would wear nice pants if you could but they don't fit over your cast. I personally think they will be ok with it. I mean what can you do? It's out of your control...

I have a broken ankle and will be in a cast for my upcoming cruise on the Pride. Do I need to stick with the dress code as I'm not sure I can get dress pants over it?

Are you able to get nice shorts over the cast, if so, then you will be fine on most nights, and for cruise elegant nights, I suggest contacting the maitre'd if it would be ok that night too, or for suggestions. If you have a looser pair of dress pants, or stretchy ones that you are willing to sacrifice, you could cut a slit in the side up to the knee; and that is of course if you are able to get them over the cast.

Talk to the maitre'd though. You can email them before your cruise, or ask special services. I hope it works out for you, and have a great cruise, even with cast.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

I would just email specialneeds @ carnival . com and ask them how they can accomodate you for elegant night in the MDR, suggesting that the easiest way to do this is to allow you to wear shorts.

Anything other time it is a complete non-issue. I can't imagine it would be one on elegant night either.

Edited by skittl1321

Are you in a cast or in a boot? A couple of my male coworkers have been in boots, and were able to neatly tuck slimmer leg pants into their boot at work. Other male coworkers in casts had to wear pants with stretch and either roll up the leg or just pull the pants snugly down around the cast.

I think I have seen a "tuxedo" sweat suit before on here. You could totally rock that!

As long as they are a nice pair of shorts, I don't see how it would be an issue at all.

They already allow people to walk into the MDR on elegant night wearing jeans and not-so-nice shorts so they already don't enforce the dress code as it is.

I'd say you'd be more than safe by wearing a nice pair of shorts...it's not like they won't be able to notice the fact that you clearly have an injury that causes it to be quite a bit difficult to wear pants. You'll be fine (:

I don't know. I honestly think EVERYONE will notice what you are wearing if you attempt to wear a skirt. I sure hope you have the legs to pull it off. :D

Sorry you broke your ankle. That sucks a big one. Maybe you could go to one of the specialty restaurants on dressy night if they have an issue with you wearing shorts in the Main D.R. Although, i agree with the others. You should totally get a pass. Have fun!

Summertime may get offended you are bringing crutches to the dining room and complain to JH how Carnival allowed it and wants compensation for you dining their cruise. In all seriousness you should be fine in shorts most nights. Just clear it with the Matre D on elegant night.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LOL...I like the tux and short idea...and maybe one pair of those zipper pants really if it is too cold inside, but they are not really as dressy as nicer long shorts....but with Carnival you could get black or darker ones and wear with a collared shirt..or Tommy Bahama type shirt and any color really and just be perfect.

Edited by sjn911