Port cañaveral parking vs parking offsite

mcatmcat

Hi

As I live in south Florida I never though one day I was going to sail out from port cañaveral since I have port of Miami and Fort Lauderdale really close to my house and my family ways give us a ride to the port.

I would like to leave my car for a week in a private parking garage since they cost half compared to what the port is charging but my friends are telling me that I'm crazy if I leave my car there ( they haven't being there and they are making their opinion not based in facts ).

My number one priority here is the security of my car, I don't mind parking in a place that I have to wait 30 mins for the shuttle, deal with unhappy costumes, no waiting area so I need to stand up, long lines and so on. I will be more than happy to go trough all of that if my car is safe after I get back.

So, should I park at the port or offsite when the main priority is the safety of your car?

Thanks for your help

Canaveral is a pretty low crime area

I've heard minimal problems with the two big off site parking places and each is less that 10 minutes away

but given that the port parking is patrolled by port security I'd say it is probably just a little safer . . .

I use the off site places and recommend them to others

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

http://parkcruise.com/

Edited by Capt_BJ

Not sure what time of year you are planning, but given half the year is technically hurricane season, car security can also involve weather, not just crime. The port at least has parking garages where your car would be safer should weather happen while you are gone.

Not sure what time of year you are planning, but given half the year is technically hurricane season, car security can also involve weather, not just crime. The port at least has parking garages where your car would be safer should weather happen while you are gone.

based on WHAT?

I live near the port and throw the BS flag on this concern . . .

the port will not be any safer . . .

based on WHAT?

I live near the port and throw the BS flag on this concern . . .

the port will not be any safer . . .

Of course a car would be safer in a parking garage than outside facing all the elements. For sure, it's not perfect, as the sides of the garage are open, but absolutely, the car is in a better position than outside.

have YOU lived thru a hurricane?

a BIG one?

I lived in south Miami for ANDREW

parking structures like those in Port Canaveral were flattened ...

been there .... have first hand experience . . .

Holy cow, Man, cut with the drama. How many hurricanes are like Andrew or Katrina? How many hurricanes have those parking garages at Port Canaveral survived through? Why don't you just admit, for once, you misunderstood what you read or were mistaken in what you wrote.

Edited by DanJ

I thought one of the local parking garages was in the news last year or so for using customer's cars or something like that. Just do a search of this forum on the names of those two companies and see what you find.

For a short cruise, we were willing to pay the extra to have our car parked indoors and where we can walk right off the ship to our car. For longer cruises though the cost can add up.