best way to get to west palm beach airport after cruise

tommy47

my wife and I will be going on a cruise on sillouette in February and I have been looking for a direct flight out of fort Lauderdale or Miami to Hartford ct. in which I could be back for the superbowl game feb. 7th .I happened to stumble upon one with jet blue leaving at around 1:00 from west palm beach airport. does anyone know the cheapest and best way to get there from port everglades. I saw that its about a 50 minute ride. any help would be appreciated. thank you

Tri-rail is definitely the cheapest option and probably the quickest if you get the timing right. Is it worth the hassle of lugging your luggage and the waiting for the free connecting shuttle buses, only you can answer that - best of luck!

Our DD and her family did that last January. Their best option was renting a van (family of 5 and luggage) and driving themselves. It was quite reasonable (less than $30) and they were able to spend the day shopping and playing tourist. Obviously, you will want to get directly to the airport but that is another option you can consider.

You asked "what is the cheapest and best way" to get from port of Fort Lauderdale to Palm Beach airport.

1. Cheapest (reasonable method) is Tri-Rail

2. "Best" (in my opinion) is a car service or taxi - but it is obviously more expensive.

Best may be renting a car. Car rentals in Florida for a day are usually very reasonable, and there are plenty near Port Everglades. Car return for most rentals is at PBI (drop off luggage and passanger(s), follow signs to rental return). Easy

I've never found these much talked about cheap rental cars, the one time I rented a car between cruises arriving in Miami and next one sailing from FLL I paid about $100. But I needed to make a few stops along the way that didn't fit with a car service. Now I always try to plan point to point so I can sit back and let someone else drive me:)

I've never found these much talked about cheap rental cars, the one time I rented a car between cruises arriving in Miami and next one sailing from FLL I paid about $100. But I needed to make a few stops along the way that didn't fit with a car service. Now I always try to plan point to point so I can sit back and let someone else drive me:)

I don't know about cheap rentals, but I think they are reasonable. With a little effort, and discounts which are available everywhere (think AAA, AARP, etc), it is certainly less expensive than car service plus tips. Having said that, I wouldn't mind sitting back either.

going the other direction...PBI to MIA...and it looks like the bus might work!! Pretty inexpensive and let's someone else worry about which exit, etc. to take! I think the bus terminal in MIA is pretty close to the port...and not far from the airport in PBI...LuAnn