Celebrity Closed TODAY?

canderson

Good for RCL for closing up shop during such a storm. Good for Host Andy for giving it to anyone taking exception to any Miami business from shutting down. Look what happened to the diehards in the Big Easy. They got stuck. Respect Mother Nature and respect companies for protecting their employees.

Good for Host Andy for giving it to anyone taking exception to any Miami business from shutting down.
You'll have to excuse those of us who were not on site (hence my request for Miami posters) and had been lulled into complacency by the nation's network news stations. To listen to them, it was just going to be a big rainstorm of the sort we've all seen at one time or another almost anywhere in the country... annoying as hell getting in from the parking lot, but nothing about flooding, impassible roads, or blinding rain (unlike down south, where they were scheduled to get hammered).

From what you've said, I take it you didn't find my explanation of the original post sufficiently convincing. Just curious ... why? Something about the medium?

While I'm at it -- same question to Andy.

"Good for Host Andy for giving it to anyone taking exception to any Miami business from shutting down."

I am totally with Canderson here on taking offense at being one of the ones who supposedly were "given it to" for taking "exception to any Miami business for shutting down".

I would like all of you who have accused us, either directly or indirectly, to go back and READ our posts where we have done NOTHING of the kind. It seems that you have picked one or two words out of our posts and decided to hang us without a trial. Not one of us, EVER, said we had any objection to a company closing down in light of an impending hurricane or other disaster.

Go back and read our words!

I have e-mailed Host Walt with my displeasure at being unfairly targeted, and have received no response either on the board or through private e-mail. What gives with this? Would someone please explain this to me, and show us where ANYONE said that their Miami office should stay open? And if you can't (and you can't)...I think several of us on this thread are owed an apology.

Just to keep the record straight, my first post was meant to be informational.

My "Don't you get it?????" post was specifically directed only to the person whose post I quoted - which was why I put that post in quotes. I really thought he/she was being serious.

I sincerely apologize if my comments were misconstrued!!

Dear Warmwinds and Canderson, and all our Cruise Critic Friends...

Well, another ugly Hurricane day has come to an end in South Florida. I hope all of our friends in South Florida are safe, and did not sustain any major damage.

Canderson & Warmwinds...Sorry you werent happy with my comments pertaining to what Warmwinds posted earlier today. For those who know me on here, the last thing I want is for anyone to be unhappy here. I always try, along with the other Hosts here, to make this the best place possible. I take great pride in that.

When I originally read the post, I felt that it was being questioned as to why their offices were not open today.... as if a Hurricane is not to be taken seriously. I re-read it several times before I responded, and that is how I felt.

The interesting thing is, several others agreed with my comments, so I do not think I read it wrong. Of course, anything is possible.

Canderson, I certainly understand why (at first) perhaps you did not think the weather was an issue here in South Florida. If the media was reporting it as such in your area, it was very foolish of them.

Warmwinds.... I am sorry if you were unhappy with my comments. May I suggest that you please try to be a little more specific about your thoughts next time, or be very aware that you may get some comments from others on here. It has happened to all of us here at 1 time or another <smile>. Also, if you ever want to communicate with me directly, you can always click on the link at the bottom of my signature.

I sincerely hope that everyone understands that those of us who live in Florida, as well as our dear friends who have been slammed by Hurricane Katrina, have had a terrible time with these storms in recent months. Last year was a living hell for those of us in Florida. We had horrible damage, and had to live through impossible conditions for several weeks. I hope I never have to go through it again.

Let's all hope for calm weather ahead, and safe seas. Thanks for listening.

til we are on Summit for Transcanal & I don't have to cook Thanksgiving Dinner!

Quick funny which I hope "X" doesn't do. I am expecting an offering of turkey, dressing, potatoes (including sweet) cranberries, etc. Not what Princess does with everything pumpkin. Pumpkin soap, pumpkins potatoes, pumpkin gravy, pumkin dressing, etc. It was horrible that they think pumpkin is Thanksgiving when it is Halloween!

So I do hope we have a wonderful meal, turkey & the trimmings if we choose, but no pumpkin everything..............

CinWin,

Yes, I do love the Summit. It just happened that it had the best deal for a Panama Canal cruise in December. :)

as that saved Miami & the Keys. The eye was nowhere near any of you, so you lucked out getting the back winds as NO did, not the storm surge Biloxi got (aka Tseunami Biloxi). 40 mph wind is loads better than 120!

If you remember last year, "X" & RCCL moved their C/S area to Wichita in mobile homes to take calls for 3 days. They lost their shirts when not that many cruises were booked. They have enough to deal with with passengers that expepct compensation for not getting to the port in time for their flight home, and someone has the job to get all the flights changed for the next day for all of them & they all got $100-300 onboard credit to get very drunk on their free night at sea. Last year was a major hit in the wallet for them, so this year they just CLOSED.

Hey,

To all out American friends in the hurricane zone, we hope that you are all okay. We were all shocked about N.O. and wished we could do more to help. Apparently the police needed uniforms as the police only had the ones they were wearing, so Qantas flew over enough spare police uniforms from Victoria (a southern state of Aus) for them to wear. I think it is really great that we could help in a practical way.

Anyway, hope you are all safe.

Take care,

Aussie Cruisers. ;)

Thank you Aussie Cruisers for the support, both mentally and tangibly. Our friends around the world are pitching in to help us as we always try to help other countries when they have similar disadters. We do appreciate it.

I have a ? for you. Are you by any chance familiar with a painter named Hayward Veal? He died some years ago. He was from either Australia or New Zealand.

Canderson, I certainly understand why (at first) perhaps you did not think the weather was an issue here in South Florida. If the media was reporting it as such in your area, it was very foolish of them.
It is fortunate that yesterday's weather reports appear to have been correct. Talk about threading a needle.

Now it looks like Rita is on the way toward Galveston. We've never had the opportunity to visit there, and really look forward to our planned early arrival in December for a few days to see the island before our Galaxy run. Hope there's still a Galveston left by the time we get there. Haven't seen hurricane weather like this since I was a kid. Looks like we're back in that old pattern again.

Thank you Aussie Cruisers for the support, both mentally and tangibly. Our friends around the world are pitching in to help us as we always try to help other countries when they have similar disadters. We do appreciate it.

I have a ? for you. Are you by any chance familiar with a painter named Hayward Veal? He died some years ago. He was from either Australia or New Zealand.

Sorry Mate,

I don't know him. If you want to place an andvertisement in a national paper here in Australia, try "The Australian" newspaper. The web address is http://www.news.com.au there is also a free service in the Sydney Morning Herald and the Daily Telegraph. That is only good if you know that he was from Sydney, or if he lived in Sydney. The web address for SMH is http://www.smh.com.au - good luck.

Mark.

til we are on Summit for Transcanal & I don't have to cook Thanksgiving Dinner!

Quick funny which I hope "X" doesn't do. I am expecting an offering of turkey, dressing, potatoes (including sweet) cranberries, etc. Not what Princess does with everything pumpkin. Pumpkin soap, pumpkins potatoes, pumpkin gravy, pumkin dressing, etc. It was horrible that they think pumpkin is Thanksgiving when it is Halloween!

So I do hope we have a wonderful meal, turkey & the trimmings if we choose, but no pumpkin everything..............

Hi MACOP,

I am sorry you are not too keen on pumpkin (or see it as a Halloween vegie) but here in Australia it is common as anything. We have it all year around, and my wife and I have it every night sometimes. A famous Aussie recipe is pumpkin scones, and we love pumpkin soup. Maybe the head chef on Princess was a homesick Aussie! If we ever cruise together, I will have your pumpkin. :p

See ya mate!

Mark.

Archived