Capt. Kate on Summit..when?

celebrity

It's been announced that Capt Kate will be at the helm in August but no date given that I can see. Does anyone know the date of her first official sailing?

TIA.

Celebrity replied on Facebook that it would be the end of August when she takes over on the Summit:)

• 3 weeks later...
I love this as I'll be on the sailing Jan 30th! Woohoo for a woman Captain!

Perhaps.

I believe that there will be an extensive handover with both captains on board for about three weeks.

If her assignment lasts from September to November captain Leo will be back December through January ... Just speculating.

Perhaps.

I believe that there will be an extensive handover with both captains on board for about three weeks.

If her assignment lasts from September to November captain Leo will be back December through January ... Just speculating.

Just off the Summit: Captain Leo confirmed that Captain Kate will be on board with him for 3 weeks and he will be leaving mid-September and returning mid-December.

Just off the Summit: Captain Leo confirmed that Captain Kate will be on board with him for 3 weeks and he will be leaving mid-September and returning mid-December.

Thanks for the update. We sail in 2 weeks.

How was your cruise?

Thanks for the update. We sail in 2 weeks.

How was your cruise?

It was REALLY good. We sailed Aqua and are now forever spoiled. The Summit had almost everything we look for in a cruise and more. Great food, great service from really friendly staff, a funny and visible captain, great lattes, good to great shows, etc... The only thing I would like to see would be a self-serve laundry which would make packing easier and lighter!