Cell Phone Roaming Verizon

LCTXcruiser

Hello All,

I'm sure this question has been answered many times, but I'm hoping you will confirm it once more.

I set up one of our phones for international calling with no roaming through Verizon for $40.00 for 100 min talk/100 text/100mb data. They told me that there would be no roaming charges.

Has anyone that uses Verizon had this service? We're just trying to make sure that we don't come back to a gigantic bill!

Thanks!

I work in global tech support for Verizon, the plan you have is for roaming in a lot of countries. If you look at http://www.Verizonwireless.com/tripplanner you can put in all the countries you are traveling to as well as the ship you will be on and confirm that all your locations are included in the global feature you have added. Also, as long as your ship comes up (I haven't seen a Carnival ship that doesn't) your plan does work on the ship. Please keep in mind the data is a very small amount (think email, not streaming data) and it will most likely be very slow when out to sea. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I work in global tech support for Verizon, the plan you have is for roaming in a lot of countries. If you look at http://www.Verizonwireless.com/tripplanner you can put in all the countries you are traveling to as well as the ship you will be on and confirm that all your locations are included in the global feature you have added. Also, as long as your ship comes up (I haven't seen a Carnival ship that doesn't) your plan does work on the ship. Please keep in mind the data is a very small amount (think email, not streaming data) and it will most likely be very slow when out to sea. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for replying with correct info and facts...some people just seem to reply for the sake of replying and provide incorrect info like it's land only and not for ships...

Thanks for replying with correct info and facts...some people just seem to reply for the sake of replying and provide incorrect info like it's land only and not for ships...

You asked your question on a public message board - there's no guarantee any answers anyone gets on any of these boards is correct.:rolleyes:

There are lots of cell phone packages available on lots of different companies that all work differently. If something has the potential to cost you a lot of money it would be safer to go through the carrier not a chat board :)

I did it once, but only for data. Even though there were no "roaming" charges, the price per minute is high. The voice rates were different for each country and different on the ship. The Verizon Trip Planner (mentioned in a previous email) told exactly what rates would be in each location. I looked at it again for my last cruise and the data costs were higher than before. The plans change all the time so you will need to talk directly to Verizon to know what your costs will be.

You asked your question on a public message board - there's no guarantee any answers anyone gets on any of these boards is correct.:rolleyes:

There are lots of cell phone packages available on lots of different companies that all work differently. If something has the potential to cost you a lot of money it would be safer to go through the carrier not a chat board :)

Not to derail the thread but I didn't ask the question and the OP specified the carrier and what international plan he/she were looking at...