"Water"

Pjnc

Hi All

Read that Carnival changed the brand of water they sell.

Can anyone who is or just got off a ship tell me the brand and is it Spring Water rather than purified water? (The water for $2.99 per case)

Thanks for your help

pat

murrells inlet, sc

ry%3D400

This was from our cruise in August. The bottom right is the $2.99/12 pack water. The other is the VIFP welcome back water.

We had crystal geyser spring water 2 weeks ago.

Hi All

Read that Carnival changed the brand of water they sell.

Can anyone who is or just got off a ship tell me the brand and is it Spring Water rather than purified water? (The water for $2.99 per case)

Thanks for your help

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

We sailed out of Baltimore. Yep...Ice River was perfectly fine!

Interesting reading if you Google Ice River. All their bottles are recycled. Make sure it's spring water; seems the other one is just using local municipality water supplies, which can have that local taste. They also remove the chlorine.

Folks,

Water is water. H2O. Even "spring water" needs to go through a filtering to remove stuff the water police opine is "bad" for you if ingested in mass quantities that even the Coneheads couldn't imbibe:rolleyes:. The difference in taste is in part due to what you are used to and in part due to what's in the pipes your household water comes in on. If, by habit, you must drink water from plastic bottles not fountains or taps on the ship, then the $2.99 is a reasonably good deal, regardless of which company's name is on the bottle or the water's actual source.

Folks,

Water is water. H2O. Even "spring water" needs to go through a filtering to remove stuff the water police opine is "bad" for you if ingested in mass quantities that even the Coneheads couldn't imbibe:rolleyes:. The difference in taste is in part due to what you are used to and in part due to what's in the pipes your household water comes in on. If, by habit, you must drink water from plastic bottles not fountains or taps on the ship, then the $2.99 is a reasonably good deal, regardless of which company's name is on the bottle or the water's actual source.

What exactly is spring water? Un-purified water from the ground. I drink spring water everyday. My water well pumps it up. My town I live in, does exactly the same thing. They pump spring water up, and distribute it. However they add some stuff to keep it clean in safe. Spring water has a local "taste" that is minerals. I will almost always drink water out of a fountain or tap. But I do have to admit, I have been in some cities that I just would rather drink from a bottle!

Folks,

I respectably disagree.

For years we went to Myrtle Beach SC. And for years found the water not only disgusting to drink, must have had something in it to created a mild case of Montezuma's revenge.

So one year I thought I'd be smart, and bought a couple of gallons of water from the local A&P, and ugh, it was the same taste as the tap water.

The following year I brought the Gallons of water at home and brought them with me. These days if you find an outlet selling Evian, it's a lot easier.

Hi Pjnc :)

Recently on the Breeze in May, we had 'Ice River Green' water.

I wonder if the different brands of water sold now will eventually, in time, be replaced, phased out, with what is shown in the below link and be fleetwide.

Carnival Fun Shops Bottled Water:

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/SP4/bottled-water-sm-bottles-12-pack

:)

The comments about it being regional is probably the most correct. Different bottlers only sell and send their product to certain places. I know for example that Deer Park is sold in Florida, but I can't get it here in Michigan. Same is true of ones sold in Michigan, you can't get in Florida.

Probably depends on where you are cruising out of as to what brand of water you get.

Thanks so much for your replies. Yes Myrtle Beach water is gross I have only used bottled water since I moved here (even to cook with) and the ship water from the tap doesn't taste right to me.

so thanks again

pat

murrells inlet, sc