Anthem Interior Cabins - Why do they look so much smaller?

I've had interior staterooms before, but why do the pics I'm seeing of ones on Anthem look so much smaller? We have an interior with virtual balcony booked for June 2106, but the videos/pics I've seen look like the stateroom is all bed and nothing more.

I've not checked out square footage or anything to compare to other ships.

Anybody else with same thoughts or findings? Thanks!

I've had interior staterooms before, but why do the pics I'm seeing of ones on Anthem look so much smaller? We have an interior with virtual balcony booked for June 2106, but the videos/pics I've seen look like the stateroom is all bed and nothing more.

I've not checked out square footage or anything to compare to other ships.

Anybody else with same thoughts or findings? Thanks!

I think it is do to the bed location. The pics make them look small but I just booked one that had 178sf. That larger than most interriors.

We stayed in one a bit further along the corridor that overlooked the promanade. I was pleasantly surprised that it was a similar size to the balcony stateroom we had had before.

A friend of my daughter had one of the rooms with the virtual balcony and were very impressed. Said they found it lulled them to sleep each evening!

I think it is do to the bed location. The pics make them look small but I just booked one that had 178sf. That larger than most interriors.

Whew! That's good to hear. I should have double checked the sq. ft. before posting.

Thank you!!!:)

We stayed in one a bit further along the corridor that overlooked the promanade. I was pleasantly surprised that it was a similar size to the balcony stateroom we had had before.

A friend of my daughter had one of the rooms with the virtual balcony and were very impressed. Said they found it lulled them to sleep each evening!

Great to hear! It's just when I look at the picture and it just looks like a bed with a wall on each side it concerned me. lol

Thank you....the comments are making me feel better.

It could be you were looking at the few solo interior cabins on Anthem that are sometimes booked with the family suite. When the family suite does not need that cabin, it is opened up for solo booking. It is very small, not at all the same as the usual interior cabin or even a solo studio, I think it is something like 100 sq ft.

We did a B2B on sister ship Quantum and on change over day had a good peak into the inside cabins as that is the grade we usually book.

They had various layouts due to which way the virtual balcony faced and all were lovely, none looked small at all.

I was dissapointed we did not get chance to experience one .