Best Port for "Trash the Dress?"

Warning: One bride drowned due to the weight of the dress in this sadly popular event and others have been injured and their honeymoon plans ruined.

I love it how when someone disagrees with something they come up with all kinds of scare techniques.

I'm sure the OP is in no mortal danger.

As a mother of 31 year old twin daughters who got engaged within a month of each other and married three months apart, I get it.

We all have times in our lives that we want to "just do it"! I am sure that you will not let negative opinions and stories stand in your way or other options that don't really fit into your plan, i.e. donate dress, etc..

Trash the Dress Day will be a chapter in your life that you and your husband will remember always and I am sure you will have other moments that will be just a special.

You have been given a lot of good opinions. I've seen great pictures of airplanes in Maho Beach but not sure people control will be easy.

Pirate Boat: Perhaps a ship shore excursion on a pirate boat that allows swinging off boat into the sea. Depending on your dress, you may want to tatter it first so you don't get caught up in the swing rope. (And if you do tatter/rip parts off, keep a strip or piece for later on as a memory) And you may be able to arrange a ship photographer to go with you. I think most islands have some sort of pirate boat excursions.

Laberdee would be good. You could perhaps go seadoing, zip line, float on raft. Again though, you may have to tatter the dress for them to allow you to do these things, other than float.

Enjoy your day and please let us see your photos.

The only trash the dress pics I've seen were from jilted brides. Its clothing. Do whatever you want with it. You wouldn't believe the abuse my Levis have seen. And I still can't kill them

Drowning bride? That's scary

Safety first! But have fun. Seriously? The dress gets dry cleaned and packed away until our daughters come up with am excuse not to wear it.

that's what i was thinking..either wedding was called off, or there has been a divorce.

Edited by clawmachine

I second the Labadee suggestion. The non-swimming beaches would be a location I wouldn't mind shooting a trash the dress session.

To everyone suggesting she donate it, by your logic, why don't you donate the cash you use for your cruise fare? Think about all the poor people you can help by making the sacrifice of not cruising!

Totally wasn't expecting these kinds of responses. I am paying 100% for my own wedding, and while I don't mind helping others out (always giving money to charity), this is just something that I have chosen to do. I'm not budgeting much for a dress, so it's not like my parents are paying $10,000 for a dress. At that point, it would turn into their business, not mine.

We haven't picked a cruise itinerary yet, but were thinking of either doing an Eastern or Western Caribbean one.

If you would be so kind please post what kind and color of flowers you'll be using, a copy of your vows, pictures of the rings and also a detailed breakdown of all expenditures for the wedding so complete strangers can ridicule and mock the decisions you are making concerning YOUR wedding. Frickin pathetic!!!

Hope you have a beautiful ceremony and wonderful cruise and make the memories that you and your husband will never forget. Enjoy:D

If you want the ship photographers to snap pics, select the private island to this event. The photogs are around, and odds are they would see and shoot the event. Also, other cruisers will surround you. They likely will find the event interesting and may also take pics; they might even send pics to you if you display a cheerful request and an email addy.

I have never understood the charm in doing "Trash the Dress" either. I suppose the people who are doing this to their dress either (a) bought a dress for a price that they don't mind trashing it, (b) have no regard for the fact that someone spent a lot of money on the dress and don't care, or © have obscene amounts of money and resources.

I understand that you are not going to wear the dress again, but why destroy it? For the price I paid for mine, I would rather not trash it.

I agree with you. Even though my first dress was a custom designer's "sample" and she was going out of business so I was able to pay $300 for a $3,000 gown, I would have never in a million years wanted to trash the dress. I ended up selling it to a co-worker who was getting married and didn't want to spend thousands on a gown. I would also rather donate a dress to someone who could not afford a nice gown. But that is just me.

Oh and the gown I purchased for our 10 year vow renewal on the Freedom still hangs in my closet and I plan on having it cut down from an A-line to a mermaid style and dyed red so I can wear it as a formal gown :) Even if that never pans out, I still would not ruin it. But again, that is just me, others can do as they wish as it is their life and their money :)

Edited by Charger2008