Allure Parking at Port Everglades

lilyhammer

Since Park N Go is asking for $12 a day prepaid to park for my upcoming Allure cruise, seems like I should just part at the port, so I have some questions.

1.) Do you pay for the week when you drop off or when you leave? Are there any discounts, like AAA? Do their prices ever change (like for peak periods)?

2.) I read that there is parking near the pier, lot #18. Does anybody have any first hand experience about how far this is? 5 min walk? 15 min walk? more? Sounds like it is not a garage, but a large unshaded lot. Should we drop family and luggage off first, and then go park? Or is it close enough to walk with luggage?

3.) After the cruise, can you grab a porter and have them take luggage to your car? Or should we have someone wait with luggage at the pier and we should pick them up after we get the car?

4.) Is it a crowded mess leaving? Ex. like after a concert ends and everybody is trying to leave at the same time. I've always taken shuttles, which mitigate lines since they can only take a small number of people at a time.

Hope people have some advice! I'm sad Park N Go considers the Sunday after Thanksgiving to be "peak".

1) You pay when you leave. Always one price, no discounts. Currently $15/day.

2) It's an open unshaded lot. If it's full, there is an overflow lot between terminals 18 and 19. We drop off luggage first.

3) I'm not sure how far the porters will walk. We always just walk our luggage to the car (in case one of us can't find the car, we figure it out together), but you can leave one person with the luggage at the terminal and get the car and pick them up.

4) It's not too bad because disembarkation times are staggered.

• 3 months later...

Wow, just checked out Park n GO for our upcoming cruise in January, and boy have their rates gone up versus last January when we parked there! :mad:

Think I may consider using the port parking, the difference in Park N Go and the port parking is small enough now that it may no longer be worth it for us anymore!

How far of a walk is it? Across the street?

The main parking lot is right adjacent to the terminal. Think of parking at your local Walmart.

This map shows the main terminal 18 parking to the left of the terminal and the other lot to the right and lower in the image. If you want the garage, you can scroll the map over the right a bit more and see where it is. If parking there, then dropping people and luggage off first is probably wise. As you can see from this image though, which was taken mid December last year, the surface lots had space, but the garage was full on the top floor.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@26.0859906,-80.1206217,393m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en