Bermuda Snorkel Excursion Help

EdmundXXIII

I'm going to Bermuda on the Carnival Splendor in October, and need help choosing a Snorkel excursion!

Does anyone have any experience with the Snorkel excursions offered directly through Carnival?

The options are:

Bermuda Snorkel & Glass Bottom Boat

Bermuda Snorkel Adventure

Ultimate Catamaran: Sail, Snorkel, Swim

Restless Native Discovery Cruise & Snorkel

None of them have reviews, and the descriptions don't give a lot information about the actual snorkel destinations. I'm leaning toward the Bermuda Snorkel Adventure; I really want to do one that will give the best experience in the water, hopefully seeing some really nice off-shore reefs.

If anyone has been on any of these excursions and can tell me a little about them, that'd be awesome! Thanks!

(I'll probably also do some beach snorkeling and possibly book some excursions directly on the island but do want to do one through the ship.)

I'm going to Bermuda on the Carnival Splendor in October, and need help choosing a Snorkel excursion!

Does anyone have any experience with the Snorkel excursions offered directly through Carnival?

The options are:

Bermuda Snorkel & Glass Bottom Boat

Bermuda Snorkel Adventure

Ultimate Catamaran: Sail, Snorkel, Swim

Restless Native Discovery Cruise & Snorkel

None of them have reviews, and the descriptions don't give a lot information about the actual snorkel destinations. I'm leaning toward the Bermuda Snorkel Adventure; I really want to do one that will give the best experience in the water, hopefully seeing some really nice off-shore reefs.

If anyone has been on any of these excursions and can tell me a little about them, that'd be awesome! Thanks!

(I'll probably also do some beach snorkeling and possibly book some excursions directly on the island but do want to do one through the ship.)

We're doing restless Native in Oct. (privately, it's less expensive than through Carnival). They have gotten wonderful reviews through TripAdvisor.

We're doing restless Native in Oct. (privately, it's less expensive than through Carnival). They have gotten wonderful reviews through TripAdvisor.

Thanks! I'll check them out on trip advisor.

Do you know who operates the one that Carnival markets as "Bermuda Snorkel Adventure," so I can research that one?

Hi,

We did this excursion on Friday! (Restless Native) We LOVED it and would go again! We booked directly through their website, which was a good bit cheaper than through our cruise company (NCL). To give you an idea, we paid $65 pp (plus gratuities) and NCL listed $88pp. It didn't say it included gratuities. We were on the same boat, the same time.

Xander Dill is the captain and he was great--a Bermuda native and very willing to answer all and any questions about Bermuda. He had two ladies also that helped behind the bar and with the boat. All of the crew was great!

It isn't as large of a boat as Rising Sun, but we actually preferred that, as it wasn't as crowded either. We had access to snorkels/masks/fins, swim noodles and snorkel vests, stand up paddle boards and kayaks (2 of each).

Our weather was iffy and he offered for anyone who didn't want to go to go ahead and cancel and there would be no penalty. One family decided not to go. As we headed out, it began to pour and he came in and said he thought he would head back, as it wouldn't be much fun, we wouldn't be charged. A couple minutes later the sun came out and he came back in again, we all laughed and he said well....he would go back and let anyone off who didn't want to go then go back out and stay an extra 1/2 hr for anyone who still wanted to go. Everyone decided to stay and we ended up having a great time! It rained a little but then the sun came out.

They offered free rum swizzles and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (delicious!!). They also had complimentary juices and water. They had a cash bar too.

Because of the weather, we stayed near the shore and we went to a little area around the corner from the cruise ship. There was a small beach area where he encouraged us to look for sea glass, several caves to explore, and some snorkeling spots.

I got the impression that in more favorable weather conditions he went somewhere else.

Rising Sun came up after we had been there for a few minutes. Their music was blasting and there seemed to be twice as many on their boat. I was worried about feeling crowded but they stayed over on their side, so it was a non-issue. It looked as though they were having a fun time too! I'm sure it is also a great boat.

I liked the small feeling of Restless Native. The boat was a lot bigger when we were on it, however. There is a head for men and women, a bar area, and seating with a couple of tables. We all were sitting down there at one point when it was raining.

If I can answer any other questions, let me know! We had a great time!

Hi,

We did this excursion on Friday! (Restless Native) We LOVED it and would go again! We booked directly through their website, which was a good bit cheaper than through our cruise company (NCL). To give you an idea, we paid $65 pp (plus gratuities) and NCL listed $88pp. It didn't say it included gratuities. We were on the same boat, the same time.

Xander Dill is the captain and he was great--a Bermuda native and very willing to answer all and any questions about Bermuda. He had two ladies also that helped behind the bar and with the boat. All of the crew was great!

It isn't as large of a boat as Rising Sun, but we actually preferred that, as it wasn't as crowded either. We had access to snorkels/masks/fins, swim noodles and snorkel vests, stand up paddle boards and kayaks (2 of each).

Our weather was iffy and he offered for anyone who didn't want to go to go ahead and cancel and there would be no penalty. One family decided not to go. As we headed out, it began to pour and he came in and said he thought he would head back, as it wouldn't be much fun, we wouldn't be charged. A couple minutes later the sun came out and he came back in again, we all laughed and he said well....he would go back and let anyone off who didn't want to go then go back out and stay an extra 1/2 hr for anyone who still wanted to go. Everyone decided to stay and we ended up having a great time! It rained a little but then the sun came out.

They offered free rum swizzles and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (delicious!!). They also had complimentary juices and water. They had a cash bar too.

Because of the weather, we stayed near the shore and we went to a little area around the corner from the cruise ship. There was a small beach area where he encouraged us to look for sea glass, several caves to explore, and some snorkeling spots.

I got the impression that in more favorable weather conditions he went somewhere else.

Rising Sun came up after we had been there for a few minutes. Their music was blasting and there seemed to be twice as many on their boat. I was worried about feeling crowded but they stayed over on their side, so it was a non-issue. It looked as though they were having a fun time too! I'm sure it is also a great boat.

I liked the small feeling of Restless Native. The boat was a lot bigger when we were on it, however. There is a head for men and women, a bar area, and seating with a couple of tables. We all were sitting down there at one point when it was raining.

If I can answer any other questions, let me know! We had a great time!

We are doing snorkeling with them in Oct. Do they set time limits for the paddle boards and kayaks since there are only 2 of each?

We are doing snorkeling with them in Oct. Do they set time limits for the paddle boards and kayaks since there are only 2 of each?

This is a good question, and a concern of mine when we booked. We were at the location for 2 hours. This was plenty of time to kayak or paddleboard if we chose to. Originally, I wanted to do that but since the rest of my party was off snorkeling, I just collected sea glass and swam in the water. There are two kayaks and two paddleboards. He did a "last call" for anyone who wanted to try either one. It seemed as though everyone who wanted to try it did. Since I didn't do either one, I don't know if the captain gave them a time limit to keep in mind or not when he gave them brief instructions.

I'm sorry this isn't a definitive answer, but I hope it helps some.

Amy

This is a good question, and a concern of mine when we booked. We were at the location for 2 hours. This was plenty of time to kayak or paddleboard if we chose to. Originally, I wanted to do that but since the rest of my party was off snorkeling, I just collected sea glass and swam in the water. There are two kayaks and two paddleboards. He did a "last call" for anyone who wanted to try either one. It seemed as though everyone who wanted to try it did. Since I didn't do either one, I don't know if the captain gave them a time limit to keep in mind or not when he gave them brief instructions.

I'm sorry this isn't a definitive answer, but I hope it helps some.

Amy

Thanks. I was asking for my brother and sister-in-law. They are worried the water will be too cold at the end of Oct. so they weren't sure they wanted to snorkel so they may want to try the kayaks and paddle boards instead.