Flights from Canadian Cities to FLL

lastrooney

Only one I know of from Saskatoon is a 7.5 hour drive over border to Bismark ND.. Allegiant flies direct to Orlando Sanford for around $150 roundtrip per person. Only reason I know this is a family member lives near Regina but closer to border (still a 4.5 hour drive for them) but they use that route.

I just did a Kayak search for a flight from Minot to Ft Lauderdale and it is still $1300 US for two, which today translates to $1700 Cdn. Now add to that 2 extra nights hotels, plus gasoline and he stress of driving in winter just doesn't make it worthwhile. We live in a lovely city, but it's a pain when we want to leave. LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I just did a Kayak search for a flight from Minot to Ft Lauderdale and it is still $1300 US for two, which today translates to $1700 Cdn. Now add to that 2 extra nights hotels, plus gasoline and he stress of driving in winter just doesn't make it worthwhile. We live in a lovely city, but it's a pain when we want to leave. LOL

NOT MINOT ND -- Bismark ND.

You have to go to allegiant air website. But like I mentioned they only fly to Orlando Sanford which would be near Port Carnival cruise port... (So maybe if a future cruise from there pops up it might be worth checking. Drive wise to other ports from Sanford would be like 1.5 hour to tampa, 2:45 to Lauderdale)

Of course would depend on dates and deals they are offering at the time. Usually like the other cheapy airline spirit they only offer deals a month to two in advance of travel. Right now its of course Sept deals.. Could go the 2nd Sept for 10 days for $140.50 roundtrip (plus checked bag fee)

Edited by jb456

We live about an hour from the border and for the last 4 years have been flying out of Buffalo. We have only flown on Southwest to Fort Lauderdale. We have always been able to get down there non-stop but a couple of times we have come back on flights where we have had to change planes in Baltimore or Chicago. I check the cost of flying with other carriers but Southwest has always been better.

One thing we really like about Southwest is their no fees to change a flight. If you book at a certain fare and then notice the flight gets cheaper later, or you want to change to a different flight, you can change with no fee. You pay the fare that is currently listed. We have changed flights a few times, and when the flight is cheaper, they give you a credit for the difference that you can use at a later date. (time limitation)

For us, where we live, flying out of Buffalo makes sense.

Edited by Daisyloo
spelling

We live in a border town (in NB), and tend to fly out of Bangor or Portland, Maine. This year with the dollar it wasn't worth the trip. We are flying YSJ to FLL round trip for about $1100 Canadian. I am so happy not to have to drive 5 hours to get to the airport this time [emoji4]

NOT MINOT ND -- Bismark ND.

You have to go to allegiant air website. But like I mentioned they only fly to Orlando Sanford which would be near Port Carnival cruise port...

We prefer Holland America and they don't have any departures from Orlando; it's either Miami or Ft Lauderdale. Again, to Bismark is an 8 hour drive in good weather, not in the throes of winter.

We live in a border town (in NB), and tend to fly out of Bangor or Portland, Maine. This year with the dollar it wasn't worth the trip. We are flying YSJ to FLL round trip for about $1100 Canadian. I am so happy not to have to drive 5 hours to get to the airport this time [emoji4]

Wow, you don't have inexpensive air either! I thought it would be more economical than that. I didn't like having to put out $1600 for the two of us RT, but it's what we do for the sake of cruising.

Hi Everyone

I too live in the frozen tundra of Canada also - flights are never cheap - I recently found this and I think its a great benefit to anyone looking for a cheap flight that has West Jet at there local airport. I am in no way affiliated with WJ - a friend of mine told me about this card - so I thought I would give it a try.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/travel-credit-cards/westjet-world-elite-mastercard.html

Anyone already have one of these?

Safe Travels

Smitty

Too bad the other cruise lines don't offer the same all inclusive Canadian package that Celebrity has been doing for a few years now. They offered it from London last year for the first time, and they sold out a 737 a week for I think it was 9 weeks that it was offered. They have 7 Canadian cities that they run the charters from each week.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/caribbean-all-included-vacation-package#breadcrumbs&panel1-1

Too bad the other cruise lines don't offer the same all inclusive Canadian package that Celebrity has been doing for a few years now. They offered it from London last year for the first time, and they sold out a 737 a week for I think it was 9 weeks that it was offered. They have 7 Canadian cities that they run the charters from each week.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/caribbean-all-included-vacation-package#breadcrumbs&panel1-1

I just priced out a cruise from your link for similar week, itinerary, stateroom (flying from Hamilton which would be a 1hr drive for us) and it came out more to our cruise price for our Allure cruise....and I'm including pre-cruise hotel, trip insurance, gratuities ontop of the cruise and flight in the Allure cost. So it really depends on when you book.

I just priced out a cruise from your link for similar week, itinerary, stateroom (flying from Hamilton which would be a 1hr drive for us) and it came out more to our cruise price for our Allure cruise....and I'm including pre-cruise hotel, trip insurance, gratuities ontop of the cruise and flight in the Allure cost. So it really depends on when you book.

For sure they aren't cheap. Those prices also include the drink package (I think Celebrity will also substitute an OBC in exchange for the drink package but not sure). But it's the one stop shopping aspect of it that is appealing. It would be ridiculous pricing for me to fly to PBI or FLL from London, and it would either involve connecting in Toronto or Chicago. This package has a chartered flight direct from London (or 6 other cities) to Florida, and it's only people on your cruise on that flight. You fly down the day of and all transfers are included. And then fly directly home. I know I compared it last year, and yes I can get it cheaper if I fly from elsewhere, but comparing apples to apples, the package from them would have been cheaper if I was seriously thinking about it. Like I said, I wish other cruise lines would do stuff like that.

For sure they aren't cheap. Those prices also include the drink package (I think Celebrity will also substitute an OBC in exchange for the drink package but not sure). But it's the one stop shopping aspect of it that is appealing. It would be ridiculous pricing for me to fly to PBI or FLL from London, and it would either involve connecting in Toronto or Chicago. This package has a chartered flight direct from London (or 6 other cities) to Florida, and it's only people on your cruise on that flight. You fly down the day of and all transfers are included. And then fly directly home. I know I compared it last year, and yes I can get it cheaper if I fly from elsewhere, but comparing apples to apples, the package from them would have been cheaper if I was seriously thinking about it. Like I said, I wish other cruise lines would do stuff like that.

The one stop shopping like you said, is worth paying a bit more for I think. It makes it so easy, especially if you are new to cruising. It is very similar to going to an all inclusive resort. Easy.

I live in Hamilton, one of the airports that are part of this package. I also wish that other lines did this kind of package. We have only cruised with Princess and HAL so far, but this deal with Celebrity is tempting.