Obstructed balconies on Royal princess

janny444

Hi...can anyone please say which are the least obstructed balcony cabins on the Royal.

Am I correct in thinking that the cabins over Crooners/Facets are the best...there doesn't appear to be any lifeboats etc below?

Here is an excellent thread which includes numbers of obstructed balconies on Royal Princess, with external photographs so you can clearly see how much of an obstruction there is!

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2155117&highlight=royal+obstructed+photograph

Edited by Jo and Rob

We were recently on the Royal in cabin E301 which is a standard obstructed balcony.We found the obstruction of the lifeboat( not tender ) to be minimal and had unobstructed views looking out and towards the front of the ship.

We found the position of this cabin to be very convenient close to stairs and elevators and easy access to the MDR'S and International cafe.It was also very quiet.

We would definetly choose this cabin again as opposed to an unobstructed cabin at extra cost.

Hi...can anyone please say which are the least obstructed balcony cabins on the Royal.

Am I correct in thinking that the cabins over Crooners/Facets are the best...there doesn't appear to be any lifeboats etc below?

L109, L115, L110, L114, M119, M123, M118, M122

Even Princess realizes this and is reclassifying the cabins sometime next year to not be obstructed.

View of L115 shown below

891230032123014RoyalPrincesscabinL115-viewofbalconyDSC03997_zpsecf98347.jpg

We just spent 12 days in E701. There was no obstruction. The last life boat was in front of the balcony for the cabin just forward of ours. If you looked straight down from the balcony, you could see a small section of the deck 7, and a large white object, but when you looked straight out, there was no obstruction. We were upgraded from an inside. It was awesome!!:D

We had E403 on the Royal. It was classed as a deluxe balcony obstructed. But you could see really well out with just a davit to the side of the balcony. We looked down onto the open area outside crooners. Great location and view.

Not so happy with the deluxe as the sofa takes up too much room and was really only a dumping ground for bags etc. I think there is less storage in a deluxe - just my view.

We had E403 on the Royal. It was classed as a deluxe balcony obstructed. But you could see really well out with just a davit to the side of the balcony. We looked down onto the open area outside crooners. Great location and view.

Not so happy with the deluxe as the sofa takes up too much room and was really only a dumping ground for bags etc. I think there is less storage in a deluxe - just my view.

I totally agree with you regarding the deluxe balcony. Seems much more cramped than a regular balcony and the loveseat is pretty uncomfortable but makes a great dumping ground as you say. In fact we just booked a regular balcony yesterday and marked it no upgrade because we didn't want to run the risk of being "upgraded" to a deluxe balcony. Our TA informed us that we could get a deluxe for a cheaper fare than our regular balcony. We said "NO thank you!" She said she has a lot of clients with the same complaints about the deluxe balconies.

Here is a GREAT link which shows obstructed balconies for all Princess ships

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

• 5 weeks later...